Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Worship Riverside

Prayer Chain in Tom's Room
Yesterday we were thankful to have Tom's Uncle Raymond (Pops brother), Aunt Marilyn and Cousin Joy come and visit from Elyria, Ohio.  They helped us hang the prayer chain in Tom's room.  I'm very disappointed in myself, again, for not getting their picture while they were here.
I'm going to forget someone in my list of "people to remember", so if I forget to mention your name and you have done something sweet for us, please forgive me and know that God will not forget you and your reward is waiting for your arrival in heaven one day!  So many have provided food for our large support team.  Friday evening Jennifer Deskins and Carylee Meyers brought dinner.  Last night the Nishisaki family brought a Thai feast!  Today we thank Carylee again for lunch and we look forward to the Homoelle family providing dinner tonight!  As you know "we are blessed"...not sure how many times I've said that.
If Tom stays here long they will need to add an extension on the waiting room...once again we've over-taken it!  Between books, bags, bodies and food...it is tight.  There are some funny stories of people who "just get in line" at meals...no one knows who they are...but we know God loves them and He is using our support team to bless them.
A highlight of my day yesterday was slipping Tom's wedding band back onto his hand!  I told him again "with this ring, I thee wed...over and over and over"!
We are so thankful for my sister-in-love, Cheryl, for giving up her sleep to stay the night with Tom again.  This makes my night much more restful.  I can call or text whenever I need to and get an immediate and accurate response...both Tom and I appreciate her so much.  She enjoyed helping him eat his breakfast this morning and supplementing it with whatever he wanted!  His appetite is HUGE...steroids, gotta love them.
This morning Zac, Sarah, Tom and I were able to read some passages together and sing.  Tom requested:
 
We read from Matthew 9 and we once again are encouraged through God's Word.
"Get up, pick up your stretcher, and go home."
Matthew 9:6
We're waiting to hear this too!
"Your faith has made you well."
Matthew 9:22
"Do you believe that I can do this?"
Matthew 9:28
"Let it be done to you according to your faith!"
Matthew 9:29
"The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few.
Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send
out workers into His harvest."
Matthew 9:37-38
We had opportunity to talk about God's harvest here at the hospital.  God has placed us here for an opportunity to share Christ with whomever He brings across our path.  Del, Tom's RN last night told Tom and Cheryl that he was very superstitious and he believed in the moon!  Cheryl told him not to be superstitious, but to put his trust in Christ.  He said he believed in God and Tom responded with "Who created the moon?"  Del said, "you got me there, I'll remember that!"  Pray for Del.
Tom with Zac & Sarah
This morning Physical Therapy was able to get Tom out of bed and into a chair!  Was it easy?  NO...but boy was it good for us to see him other than in bed and once he was there he was thankful for the "sponge bath", teeth brushing and some deodorant!  
Today we are praying his hemovac (drain) can come out and of course we continue to pray for his right side movement.  Many people are asking how long will Tom be here...that's a good question.  It all depends on his healing and the rehab he will need.  Our goal is to get him home as soon as possible. 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks so much for your great updates, Lisa! I want you to know that you and the whole family have been on my mind nonstop, and I've brought you before the Lord in prayer many, many times. I so badly wish I could say something encouraging, but I know that it all probably just sounds like fluff and the things that are just so easy to say and hard to live, so...all I know is the bottom line: the Lord is sovereign and in control. And with that, I will continue to pray. Love you guys!