Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Cherith!

The youngest Anglea grandchild is Cherith Lynn Anglea.  Her name comes from the Bible where a beautiful stream near Jericho is named Cherith.
"Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan."
I Kings 17:3
Cherith loves to bake.  She has entered several of her treats in competitions and fairs with honors!  Tom and I wish we lived closer so that we could benefit from her kitchen endeavors!  I had the fun of teaching Cherith how to bead and make some bracelets over Christmas...a special memory together in South Carolina.  Cherith has the amazing opportunity of spending her 15th birthday in the Bahamas!  She, along with her parents, are going to visit missionaries that their church has sent out.  We pray that her birthday is one she'll never forget with seeing, hearing and tasting a new culture where Jesus name is being proclaimed.
We love you Cherith!
Cherith with her sister, Leah

Thought for the day:
There is no greater mercy that I know of on earth than good health except it be sickness; and that has often been a greater mercy to me than health…
It is a good thing to be without a trouble; but it is a better thing to have a trouble, and know how to get grace enough to bear it.” ~Spurgeon
God has given us grace for each day.  I am so thankful today for a sabbath rest and I know Tom is thankful for a "day off" of therapy.
"Aunt J"
My Uncle Jim and Aunt "J" came to visit on Friday.  True to herself she came in a "get up" to put smiles on Tom and my faces...it worked.  Isn't she hilarious?
Big accomplishments today for ME!  I am quite proud of myself for learning how to transfer Tom from the bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to bed, wheelchair to toilet, and toilet to wheelchair!  We both were glad when neither Tom nor I ended up on the floor.  My back is in tact and I'm realizing I need to get in better shape or Tom needs to regain his mobility or I'm going to be in great need of a good chiropractor!
MVNU Men's Basketball Team
(This was the placemat under our dinner plate...I hung one in Tom's room & on his door in the hospital)
Last night God saw me through a tough evening.  I am so appreciative and thankful to my parents for attending the MVNU "Meet the Team" banquet last night.  What a special evening it was gearing up for the upcoming basketball season.  We also appreciate Kent Homoelle and Rick & Ethan Burby for being there to support Matt.  I can't say that I was excited to attend without Tom...these are his specialties...Matt, basketball, good food and fellowship with like minded basketball "junkies".  God is good and I didn't even cry, though I wanted to.  It was fun for me to meet Mya Moore...Coach Matt and Anna Moore's precious new baby daughter.  She was born last March when Tom was in the hospital the last time.  Mya joins her big sister, Makenna, and they are their daddy's biggest cheerleaders.  I want to thank Bob and Kelly Hinkle for their prayers and Kelly's good hug, for Mark and Marsha Zeltman's prayers and table fellowship, and for Matt who loves his dad more than anyone.
Papa, Matt & Granny at MVNU "Meet the Team" Banquet
Last night while I was away from Tom he received the best care from Sarah & Zac, Pops & Granny, Terry & Kelly and a host of other family members!  I was confident leaving him in good hands.  Zac and Sarah came into town on Friday and had to be back in Indiana for church today.  It was a quick trip for them but we are so thankful for even the little bits of time we can get with them.  We praise the Lord for His watchful hand of protection over them as they are putting many miles on their car.
Tom and I will enjoy worship from his hospital room watching the CD of last weeks sermon.  Matt took Tom's parents to first service at our church this morning.  We will all meet back up together here at the hospital for lunch.
"Therefore, whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to be pleasing to Him."
II Corinthians 5:9
Encouragement from Matt!
He loves good ol' gospel music!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wanted you to know that I'm praying for you guys daily! Thanks for the updates via the blog. Please know that this sister in Christ is on her knees for your family! Love you all and thank God for the impact that you guys had in my life as a young woman--praying that God can use me to have an impact in your lives through prayer. Love, Erin Craig