Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pray

How can our lives go from ho-hum to crazy so quickly?  We are so thankful we serve a God of complete trust when our lives are so fragile.  I just wanted to update everyone that Tom is remaining stable at home.  He still cannot communicate through speech, but we are managing.  I have to be honest to say it's not easy.  I do have much to be thankful for though...
~Tom has a great appetite
~Tom is pleasant (for the most part:)
~Tom says "Thank You"
~Tom knows when to use the facilities (that would be terrible)
~Elden Deskins stayed with Tom today while I went to the grocery store
~Sunshine
~Eating lunch on the patio with Tom
~The grass is cut
~Sarah & Zac will be here tonight
~Praying friends & family
~Dinner prepared for us
~Nancy Green picked up Tom's prescription
~A doctor who is staying in touch
~We are at home, not in hospital
It was funny today, Tom grabbed my arm and took me to the computer and we managed to get an e-mail out to his staff with his only word being "staff".  I think I knew what he wanted me to say...I'm sure Liz or Cathy would have known better, but I did the best I could!
Tom started on a steroid today to shrink the swelling in the brain.  As this gets into his system we are praying that it will bring easier access to word retrieval.  It looks like we will "hang low" for the weekend and plan on surgery next week.  I'm praying we can get it in on Monday at the latest.  Will you join me in this request?
Please also join me in praying for Tom's brother, Tim.  While Tim was on business in Belgium he had an appendicitis attack and he will be having surgery tomorrow (which is in the middle of the night tonight for us).  Please pray for his wife, Julie (Orlando, FL) and Tom's parents, who I am sure have sore knees (from praying for their boys)!
Also, while you're on your knees...would you add my cousin, Kim, to your prayer list.  She has recently found out her breast cancer has re-occurred.  I'm not sure of her details, but I know that God knows every one!  Kim and her husband, Steve, have a sweet daughter, Christian, who is in the 5th grade.  They live in Shelby, Ohio.
"Remember the word to Thy servant,
In which Thou hast made me hope.
This is my comfort in my affliction,
That Thy word has revived me."
Psalm 119:49-50

8 comments:

Holly said...

The HS staff and our family have been praying non-stop for both of you. Your email today to the staff was touching and there were many tears as we read your email together. Tom would have LOVED to see everyone in their ninja and pirate garb today for Spirit Week! :)

Thank you for sharing your prayer requests...it is truly an honor to pray for your family. Love to you both.

Barb said...

It truly IS an honor to pray for you and Tom and your family members. Your honest struggle and honest desire to honor God in this struggle touch us at such a deep level. You are so loved by so many and even though we are not with you physically, we are with you in spirit.

Matthew S. Harmon said...

I just tucked my boys into bed and we prayed for Sarah's Dad and family. We will continue to pray that the Lord will be especially close to you and that you will feel His comfort and care as you trust in him. We are thankful Sarah and Zac can be with you this next week,
In Christ,
Kate Harmon

Anne Marie said...

Lisa - I read these things on Ann Voskamp's 1000 gifts list tonight...

2746: REST is Yours
“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” ~Mt 11:29…

#2749: ACCESS TO THRONE is yours
“Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” ~Heb 4:16…

Thinking of you all...and praying...

Donna said...

Thank you for your witness in this time of struggle. Your honesty and trust in our God is an incredible witness to so many. Will continue to pray for God's leading as you walk this path.

Barbara Atchley said...

I have such wonderful memories of the entire Anglea family at Westwood 30+ years ago. May all of you be surrounded by God's love, grace and healing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anne Cronin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Cronin said...

You have so many who love you and are praying day and night...Thank you so much for sharing specifics so that we know exactly how to pray...This means so much to those of us who otherwise would just be hearing things by word of mouth...You are such a testimony of God's faithfulness through the deep valleys...I will be praying about the surgery hopefully on Monday or as soon as God wills...love you...