Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Aunt "J"

I remember a friend sharing with me when his wife found out she had cancer that he wondered how the world carried on with life...everyone should stop and grieve with him.  Yes, I understand too...you want the world to feel your pain, but "life goes on".  And part of that life moving on is celebrating birthdays!  My Aunt Joanne celebrates today.  For those of you who know my "Aunt J" you are privileged and better off because of knowing her.  For those of you who don't know her she is the life of the party!  Never a dull moment when she's around.  God says laughter is a good medicine and she is proof of that!  The saying goes "there wasn't a dry eye in the room", well if "Aunt J" is there the saying goes, "not dry pants in the room"...if you know what I mean!!!  Aunt J, we love you so much and could use a strong dose of your godly medicine.
Yesterday was uneventful here in NCC.  Today we anticipate much more activity with the possibility of Tom moving straight from NCC to the in-patient rehab center.  It was not our goal to go to rehab again, but we know that this will be the best step in helping Tom learn better how to regain his strength and prepare him for home.  It will also be a learning opportunity for me as I watch and learn new techniques on how to best help Tom.  We are adjusting to the "new normal" and praise the Lord that we live so close to a facility that can accommodate and help us in our time of need. 
This morning work continues in full force at our home preparing for a first floor bedroom and bath for Tom!  We are overwhelmed by the generosity, gifts and talents God has blessed His people with that are being used to bring blessing to us.  THANK YOU to each and everyone who has "chipped" in on this project of love.  I will post pictures as the work progresses.  (Well, that's if I remember to take them!)
At the hospital this morning Zac, Sarah, Tom and I read devotions together. 
"The path of the righteous is level;
You clear a straight path for the righteous."
Isaiah 26:7
We all thought this was so appropriate as we think toward rehab, clearing a path for Tom relearning to walk, and for our home to make Tom's living space all on one level!

1 comment:

Les said...

Continuing to pray as you continue on this journey. As I read Jesus Calling this morning, I was transported back one year ago today. I remembered reading those very words before we left so early in the morning for Kevin's surgery to remove the cancer and those words brought me such incredible hope as we had no idea what the outcome would be or what life a year from that day would bring. It is a year today and while life is "different", God really did remove the obstacle.
Keep trusting as I know you are. Your blog is such an encouragement to me and to so many others. Your testimony of your "Jesus" focus is such a treasure.
Praying for healing, quick adjustments and for stength so you can all be recoving at home soon.
Blessings,
Les