Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Worship

"Come, let us worship and bow down,
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker."
Psalm 95:6
Worship...while many who read this were probably worshiping from a church pew this morning...I worshiped from Tom's bedside in the recliner chair!  I'm so thankful I don't have to go to a special place to worship.  God meets me for worship wherever I am...I'm thankful. 
I feel like a shriveled grape...not quite a raisin, yet.  God reminded me this morning that in order to make sweet wine...the grapes have to be crushed!
"God can never make us wine if we object to the fingers He uses to crush us with."
-Oswald Chambers
My prayer is that the "wine" God is producing from our lives is sweet to your taste.
We continue to blessed by the out-pouring of prayer, love and encouragement by our friends and family.  Thank you to those who have brought meals, sent cards, flowers and continue to be Jesus in the "skin" to us as we travel this road to eternity.
Pressing on...
Choosing joy...
 

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Thankful for the sweet aroma of Jesus' presence in your sharing. Praying continually....

Holly said...

Praying constantly for joy in each moment you have with Tom. We love you.

Bet Shep said...

Lisa- I am a 97 grad, and I have not stopped praying for God to totally carry you as if you had wings!!! I pray you will constantly feel him ever so close and feel the Holy Spirit take over! I cannot even imagine your pain and I am deeply sorry, but WOW, you both have touched thousands of lives and Tom's life has certainly earned big and beautiful wings that await for him!!! Stay strong!!! I love that you are continuing to praise Him in the storm!!! What a witness for all to see!!!

In Christ

Betty Salladay Shepherd

Lori Diaz said...

Thank you for your witness. Prayers for your family during this time. Continue to cherish each other. Thank you for taking the time to post for all of us.

Debbie Richardson said...

John 16:33 ...Jesus said "I have told you these thins, so that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have OVERCOME the world!"

Praying daily for the love of the Comforter to OVERCOME all doubts and fears that may come near you.

Debbie Richardson
BC *83
Hollywood, FL

Debbie Richardson said...

..oops.. that was supposed to be "these things"... :)

Debbie

The Hotz family said...

Lisa, thank you for sharing your heart as you travel this "road to eternity". Your testimony of faith in our Lord and His faithfulness overflows from your words and spills out and blesses those who read it. We pray continually for you, Tom, Matt, Sarah and Zac as well as the rest of the family. We love you guys.