Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Monday...

Tom, Amy & Emma Singleton
Monday should have been an Avastin infusion (chemo) for Tom, however when he woke up vomiting at 7:00 a.m. I knew that probably wouldn't happen.  Sometime back in May Tom had a very similar experience.  Both of these times I was shaken to my core.  My parents were here during that experience in May and this time my sister was here to bring her calming effect and stability to my wild imaginations.  I have come to realize that as our days continue without "bumps" I handle life pretty well...however, when the "bumps" arise I am quickly shaken back to the reality of our situation.  After four vomiting episodes, one saltine cracker and much sleep, by dinner time he was feeling better...me too!  Thank you to all the family for lifting us up in prayer on Monday...God heard your petitions and answered.  Tom's next Avastin infusion is rescheduled for this next Monday, September 17th.
Also on Monday Sarah started her full-time position at Worthington Industries.  We all enjoyed her part-time employment while it lasted...now on to reality!  We know she will do great in whatever job position God places her in.  She is a light in a dark place and we pray that her "mission field" will see Jesus in her as she loves the people God places around her.  Because her work is so close to home she is able to come home for lunch...one of the highlights of our day!  Tom enjoys having her here to play a round of lunchtime Skipbo.
Recent Meals:
Chicken Pot Pie, Broccoli Salad, Biscuits
AND
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars!
Thank You Beth Beatty for another delicious dinner!
Salad, Rolls,
"Kelly's Noodles" or a similar dish as Johnny Marzetti
and...
Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Thank You O'Roark Family for another great dinner!
Sunday we had the pleasure of enjoying lunch after church with Amy and Emma Singleton (pic above).  They brought one of Tom's favorites...City Barbecue!  What a fun time we had enjoying lunch together and catching up on life.  Tom especially enjoyed hearing Emma tell of the Worthington Christian life as a high school senior this year...Emma, you've grown up too quickly!  Thank you Amy and Emma for blessing our day.
I have to share a "Sunday Story"...our church is gearing up for an eight week series called "Mission: Possible".  Our pastor has encouraged the small groups who currently meet along with new groups being established to join as one in the next eight weeks in studying the related Sunday morning topics together in depth as small groups.  Tom and I are delighted to have a small group meeting in our home on Tuesday evenings starting next week.  This past Sunday we had a 'consecrating service' preparing each of us for what God is going to do in these next eight weeks...it was amazing.  Anyway, our pastor had those who have committed to a small group to stand, and before he could even finish getting those words out of his mouth, Tom stood!  It was so sweet...he is SO excited to have this small group coming to our home.  We look forward to deepening relationships with those in our group, rediscovering our ultimate passion in life, participating and preparing for transforming services as a body!
Quote that touched my heart this morning:
"Rather than evaluating God's ways with you, accept them thankfully."
 
"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
 

1 comment:

Leslie A said...

Right now I'm listening to a song which is bringing tears to my eyes...

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore


I can just see Mr. Anglea singing these words... Praying for you all.