Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Girls Day Out!

Ingrid, Karen, Nancy, Jennifer, Carylee, Beth, Anne Marie, Lisa, Jeanette, Kelly & Ginny
So today's post isn't about Tom...but it is about his caretaker(s)...Lisa (& Sarah).  Because I have the most amazing friends who care so deeply about me and Tom...they schemed and planned a day out for me.  I can mostly thank Anne Marie for her idea and Carylee who pulled the idea into this wonderful afternoon.  I would be remiss not to thank Sarah and Zac for making it possible...Zac for staying and caring for Tom...and to Sarah for making me go and relax.  I'm sorry Sarah wasn't in the picture...she was there to enjoy the time too but insisted she take the picture of me with my dear friends. Not only did we have an incredible day of weather, but the fellowship, food, friends and floating were amazing.  You have to understand that on a "normal" day this would be one of my favorite things to do, however, how do you define "normal" in my world?  I am slowly learning the process of enjoying myself without guilt of knowing Tom could never enjoy a "normal" (the way it used to be) day of his favorite things, so why should I?  I know it is crazy thinking, but I am honest!
Carylee has the best spot for entertaining and especially poolside.  What a joy to visit and share, as only ladies can do, spend time in sweet prayer, enjoy an amazing luncheon eating in the shade at the edge of the pool, dipping in the pool to cool off and just relax on a beautiful day.
Carylee made all of the delicious food...
Strawberry Pecan Salad...
Wonderful Chicken Salad Croissants...
Homemade Corn Salsa & Chips...
A Chocolate Heath Bar Triffle...
I'm sorry I didn't get pictures of everything!
Thank You!!!
Beautiful Flowers from Jen Deskins!
Thank You Jennifer...you're too sweet!
Today's Crop:  Our 1st Acorn Squash & more Tomatoes! 

1 comment:

Barb said...

So good to see you having a relaxed time. What a wonderful group of women! You are in our daily prayers.