Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Friday, February 17, 2012

My Mom

"Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You.
For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well."
Psalm 139:12-14
Barbara Kline...aka "granny"
Last night while I was at bible study I received a call that my mom was in the hospital in Venice, FL.  My dad took her when her arm, chest and neck pain worsened.  You have to know my mom well enough to know she wouldn't go the hospital until the "discomfort" (not pain) was at an extreme level.  She is no wimp and her pain tolerance would blow the "average" person out of town!  So when she agrees to go to the emergency room...it's serious.  Of course, our initial thoughts are heart related, however when the nitroglycerin tablets had no effect, other diagnosis' were pursued.  After many tests, admission to the hospital for the night and more tests scheduled for today the final diagnosis was three blood clots in the lungs...pulmonary embolism.  She is now on blood thinners and will be hospitalized for three days and on Coumadin for six months.  I'm praying those new knives I got her don't cause trouble!  Will you join me in praying for her recovery and no further complications.  I broke down in the car upon arriving home last night wondering how much can I handle and I heard:
"Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden,
The God who is our salvation."
Psalm 68:19
Without Him bearing my burdens I'm not sure how I'd do this...life.  One breath at a time.  I normally say "one day at a time", I've moved to "one breath at a time"...He is sustaining me through His Word and those of you who faithfully lift me to the throne of grace...thank you.
Herb Roasted Chicken, Wild Rice, Broccoli, Homemade Wheat Bread with Cinnamon Butter & Homemade Applesauce
Compliments of Mindy Barlow...Thank you, Mindy
Warm Berry Cobbler for Dessert too!
Gifts from today:
From sweet friends...
Thank you Linda for the CD
Thank you Mindy for the Grace plaque!
Thank you to those of you who prayed about the disability application process.  It is complete and I received a phone call yesterday that Tom has been approved for disability!  Wow that was fast...untypical for our government process!  I am so thankful for the help of Terry and Kelly with the paperwork details.  I am now working on the insurance side of things as this will be changing too.
Today I spoke with the nurse at the neuro-oncology office who said Tom is lined up to start chemotherapy treatments on Monday.  I then spoke with the pharmacist who said the medicine will be delivered on Monday.  I am working with two separate pharmacies on the two different chemo drugs, one here locally and the other is in Tennessee!  The second chemo drug will start on day 8 and continue through day 21.  Please pray that Tom will respond positively to these new drugs in his system and not experience any negative side effects.  We ultimately trust The Great Physician and His healing hand upon Tom.
Yesterday while Tom was at his therapy session I was able to make a quick visit to the Riverside Acute Rehab unit to visit a dear friend who is on that floor.  I was amazed that a nurse, physician and therapist all recognized me and gave their best to Tom.  It was a sickening feeling going back.  I was able to "conquer my fears" and I am so thankful for the sweet visit that allowed me to have reason to go back and cheer on a friend.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Jim and I will certainly join you in praying for her quick return to health. Our son, Jay, had a pulmonary embolism a year or so ago and had to do the same as your mother and he is doing just great now. It is a scary thing and I am sorry that you have to go through this also. We will also be praying that Tom will adjust to his new medications with no side effects. I'm praying for you; that you would feel the Lord holding you close, being your ever present helper.
Much love to you,
Barb

Barb said...

Lisa, I have no other way of touching base with you, so I am on your blog again! I just wanted to tell you that I am continuing to pray for your precious mother. And also praying as you begin the new medication regiment with Tom. I thought of you so many times yesterday during the sermon and how you have shown your true worship of the Lord through all of your trials.
Much love to you and your family,

Barb