Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Letter

Here is the letter Tom had read at the WCS Staff meeting this morning...

Dear Worthington Christian School Staff:
From an early age I knew I wanted to be a math teacher.  When God called me to Bryan College little did I know that the people He placed around me would lead me to WCHS.  In 1984 I was hired on as an Algebra I and Geometry teacher at which time began the building of relationships that are still held today.  It was three short years of relationship building before I realized starting a family required more than what the paycheck brought home.   I stepped out of WCHS into a corporate setting that I quickly realized wasn’t for me.  God opened the door for Lisa and me to start our own business which allowed me to get back into the classroom.  In 1991 Taylor Smith hired me back as a part-time middle school math teacher.  Through this “window” of opportunity it enabled me to be “called up” to the task of assistant principal under Taylor in 1994.  It is only in God’s perfect timing that our first child, Sarah, would be starting kindergarten that same year.  As I started my new position as the WCHS principal, Sarah would be starting her “Lifer” years at WCS.  Our journey began…when Sarah graduated from kindergarten; I welcomed my first graduating class as principal across the platform to turn their tassels.  Both of our children have been raised by this community called WCS.  Not only do we call you teachers, co-workers, and friends, but family…a family of God-loving, God-fearing and God-honoring people whom we love.  As I walk my memory down the hallways of the high school the faces and names are cherished, Kent, Troy, Kevin, Elden, Dawn, Carole, Tim, Mark, Tom, Buzz, Karen, Liz, Cindy, Cathy, Peggie, Dave, and the list goes on.  Many of you go back to my early days, many of you are just getting your feet wet in the WCS experience…count it a privilege to be surrounded by such people.   Not only are you placing your fingerprints on the eternal lives of so many, but realize the fingerprints God is allowing to touch your lives.  I am eternally grateful for the path God has allowed for me these past 28 years…I wouldn’t change the script.  I accept the life He has written especially for me.  A new chapter is being scripted, although it is extremely hard, I understand this new chapter was written by a loving Father with a perfect plan in mind.  His ways are higher than our ways and I have to simply trust Him.  It is at this chapter break that I must inform you that I will be the WCS prayer warrior, cheering fan, consultant and defender from a different location…let the Light shine on.
“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 8:38-39


I love you all,
Tom (& Lisa) Anglea

1 comment:

claudia said...

wow, your letter evoked many fond memories. from being sarah and erin's math teacher. wow, you were young. to growing into the position you held so nobly. to being jack and mike's principal, to my having the privilege of being a co-worker, of being mike and leslie's boss, to knowing you and lisa as friends. the thoughts make me smile. as this new chapter unfolds thank you for the opportunity to travel the journey with you through your posts and partnering with you in prayer.
we love you so.