Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Casting Our Burdens Upon the Lord

Yesterday Tom and I compiled a statement to be read at a WCS Staff Meeting on Tuesday.  What a hard burden to lay at our Saviors feet as we completely trust Him on this journey He is taking us.  I will share the letter on Tuesday.

Here is a portion of a prayer that touched my heart and I wanted to share it with you.  It is from the "Gospel Coalition" written by Scotty Smith.

A Prayer for Casting Our Burdens Upon the Lord

Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. 
Psalm 68:19
"Lord Jesus, there’s no Savior as compassionate, kind-hearted, engaged and “daily” as you. How will we ever be able to give you the thanks and praise of which you are so worthy? As this day begins I feel like I’m carrying seventeen backpacks of weariness and worries. My shoulders are not broad enough; my heart is not big enough; my wisdom is not deep enough. O merciful and mighty Jesus, as I fall down before you, I upload these needs to you.
Jesus, it’s only because you bore the burden of the law’s demands and judgment for me; it’s only because you say to me, “Cast all your care upon me, for I care for you” (1 Pet. 5:7); it’s only because you call to me, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (Matt. 11:28) that I will neither deny my needs nor ignore the burdens of others. Only you know why there’s such an avalanche of broken stories converging on my doorstep at this time. Where else can I go but to you?
Help me not be afraid of the emotional messiness that certain burdens bring. Help me know how to rely on your presence more than I rely on my words. I want to be aware of my limits, for sure, but I want to be even more aware of your limitless mercy, grace, power, and peace."
Yesterday we had a sweet surprise from Holly Varian (Tom's co-worker & family friend) Great Harvest Bread and Chipotle gift cards! Thank you Holly. We also received in the mail a special CD from WCS kindergarten teacher, Sharon Dumit...thank you Sharon!
Have you ever fixed or eaten a pomegranate?  This is a picture of the delicious pomegranate salad that Lisa Cunningham brought.  I had never fixed or eaten a pomegranate so I looked at a "how to" video on you tube to see how to prepare it...something I will be doing more often now that I've done that and enjoyed the yummy fruit!  I highly recommend pomegranates.
Delicious Chicken Pot-Pie, Cornbread & Fruit
Compliments of Stephanie LaMonte...Thanks, Steph!
(not pictured:  the amazing apricot bar dessert)
I pray that your day is filled with His limitless mercy, grace, power and peace!

No comments: