Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

More Downs...

Well...much has changed since my last post...while Tom napped yesterday the Benalcazar's delivered a delicious dinner.  It was so nice to catch up with them.  When Tom woke up from his nap shortly after they left, I noticed he was burning up with a temperature.  I took his temperature and it was 101.3 which at 101 they want us to call the doctor.  I text Dr. Zerick and he said, "get to the emergency room".  I quickly ate a plate of food and left the covered containers on the stove.  We arrived at Riverside around 6:30 p.m.  Let's just say it was a terrible experience.  It was quite some time before Tom could even get into an ER room.  Once in the ER room it was quite another looooong time before a doctor came in, then another, then another...so many people, so many titles, so much information...such a sick husband...and nothing I could do apart from pray and read scripture.
Several verses that spoke to me through the night watch:

"My voice rises to God, and I will cry aloud;
My voice rises to God, and He will hear me.
In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord;
In the night my hand was stretched out without weariness;
My soul refused to be comforted.
When I remember God, then I am disturbed;
When I sigh, then my spirit grows faint.
You have held my eyelids open;
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
I have considered the days of old,
The years of long ago.
I will remember my song in the night;
I will meditate with my heart,
And my spirit ponders:
 Will the Lord reject forever?
And will He never be favorable again?
Has His lovingkindness ceased forever?
Has His promise come to an end forever?
Has God forgotten to be gracious,
Or has He in anger withdrawn His compassion?
Then I said, “It is my grief,
That the right hand of the Most High has changed.”
 I shall remember the deeds of the LORD;
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work
And muse on Your deeds.
Your way, O God, is holy;
What god is great like our God?
You are the God who works wonders;
You have made known Your strength among the peoples.
You have by Your power redeemed Your people,
The sons of Jacob and Joseph.
The waters saw You, O God;
The waters saw You, they were in anguish;
The deeps also trembled.
The clouds poured out water;
The skies gave forth a sound;
Your arrows flashed here and there.
The sound of Your thunder was in the whirlwind;
The lightnings lit up the world;
The earth trembled and shook.
Your way was in the sea
And Your paths in the mighty waters,
And Your footprints may not be known.
You led Your people like a flock
By the hand of Moses and Aaron."
Psalm 77

"My soul weeps because of grief; strengthen me according to Your word."
Psalm 119:28

"Those who love Your law have great peace, and nothing causes them to stumble."
Psalm 119:165

After many communication breakdowns, blood draws, blood cultures, IV started, drainage culture, CT scan, foley catheter placement, finally an antibiotic IV started at 1:00 a.m.!!  He was not given a room assignment until 4:00 a.m.!  I left the hospital at 4:30 a.m. and was in bed by 5:00.  Back up at 8:00 for a shower and now here at the hospital at Tom's side waiting for surgery.  We are told he will have surgery this afternoon...Zerick time...means we won't know until he walks in the door!

de·bride·ment
[dih-breed-muhnt], noun
surgical removal of foreign matter and dead tissue from a wound

My parents and sister spent the evening with us here at the hospital.  At midnight I said, "You must go home!".  When my parents arrived home, they knew immediately that Addy (our 10 year old German Shorthaired Pointer) had been bad.  An empty meatloaf pan was found on the floor!  While the owners are away, the dog will feast and play.  I can't tell you how unusual that is for her.  Only on rare occasions when she is especially mad does she behave in such a way...she is distraught too!  I can only say she got locked in the bathroom for the night because I thought she may vomit...she didn't, but boy were there quite few extra "piles" in our backyard this morning!  She hasn't eaten that good in a long time.  Katherine told me when they dropped of the meal that one of their standard poodles got up on the counter and ate a whole bag of bagels!  I think the meatloaf was just irresistible!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Praying, praying, praying.

Mrs. Heisey said...

This was on the radio as I read your entry today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSWgw8pZ50E
I can remember our choir singing it
Love to all

Anne Marie said...

Keep throwing yourself to the Lord Lisa and we join you in that...Just read this today...""Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching....So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Heb. 10: 19-39" You are a beautiful women....