Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hospital Update

Surgery went well.  Dr. Zerick said the infection was superficial...we are thankful for that.  Tom was a 'new man' this morning when I got here.  Clear eyes are a pleasant sight to see.  After some "doctor communication" they came to the conclusion that it would be okay for Tom to head home this evening!  Before I went to get some lunch Tom was shivering and not feeling so well.  Therefore...we covet your prayer for wisdom to know if going home this evening is a good thing.  He is not currently running a fever, but from previous experience Tom will chill, then run the fever several hours later.  We definitely want to be smart so as not to get home just to return.
About a 1/4 of the original incision was reopened & cleaned.
Stitches removed 2-3 weeks.
On the "home front"...yesterday our dog, Addy, was home alone after eating an almost whole meatloaf.  I knew that there would be trouble.  Thanks to Elden and Jennifer Deskins for their love for us and Addy, they took on the horrible clean-up duty of several "piles" and took time to play with her too!  What I owe them is beyond payment.  Thank you Elden & Jen!!!  Then...when my parents got back to our house, Addy had deposited several more piles!  I'm assuming the deposits added up to a whole meatloaf and today we will not have any surprises when we arrive home.  I already owe my parents more than I can pay...what else is new.
A sweet gift in the mailbox when I arrived home late last night from Tari Hooley.

No comments: