Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Praises

 
This morning I received a text from my brother, Mike, that he would be in town and could he stop by at lunch time with our parents...of course!  That set my wheels in motion as to what I could fix for lunch guests.  I found recipes for Quinoa Chicken Chili and Bran Muffins...I set to work.  My kitchen has become an experiment lab!  I thought they both were great, however, the "real" critic, Tom, as soon as he heard the word "quinoa" he said it was bad...ugh.  Personally I believe the drugs and radiation have affected his taste buds.  I do honestly believe if I hadn't mentioned "quinoa" he would have been okay with it...live and learn.  I'm definitely adding both recipes to the "make again" pile with an adjustment to the chili = no quinoa!  Thanks dad, mom and Mike for entering into the experiment lab with gracious hearts and appetites...we loved the lunchtime fellowship.  Praise...
Today Tom completed radiation treatment #10...that means he is 1/3 of the way finished!  Praise...
After getting Tom home from treatment and tucked in for his afternoon nap I was able to take the car into the dealership to have the "check engine" light checked.  The warranty on the car had just expired so we prayed that it would be something minor.  We've had the car in every month for the past 4 months and every time the check engine light comes on it's always been the gas cap!  However, I had just taken it in a week ago for the same thing and hadn't gotten gas since then so we were thinking it may be something else.  Well, it was the gas cap and they were able to fix the sensor so that it won't happen again.  The service man was very nice and said since I had had it in for the same problem before the warranty was up that there would be NO CHARGE!   Praise...
Upon arriving home from the dealership I noticed a package on the front porch!  It was addressed to ME!  A pajama gram from my good "buddy" Lori Muschott!  What a fun gift.  If any of you are still looking for a last minute Mother's Day gift...I highly recommend.  Thank you Lori you are so sweet...I love them.  It's so funny because just yesterday I heard the commercial on the radio for this and wondered what a pajama gram would be...now I know.  Praise...
Okay...this last item I have to "twist" to praise...I am going to praise the Lord for NOT allowing frost to hit central Ohio as the weatherman predicted!
Praising the Lord for ALL of you who love, care and pray for us.
"Is anyone among you suffering?  Let him pray.
Is anyone cheerful?  Let him sing praises."
James 5:13

No comments: