Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Birthday...Mom Kline!

Happy Birthday to Lisa's mom today!  We enjoyed dinner together tonight with Lisa's parents (Lowell & Barbara), sister (Kelly), brother-in-law (Terry) & nephew (Zac).  Lisa made spinach salad, vegetarian stuffed peppers, steamed broccoli, whole wheat banana bread and we topped it off with fresh strawberries & blueberries over angel food cake...it was pretty good, very colorful and plenty for all.  We all sent birthday greetings (via texts) to our friend Kent Homoelle who also celebrates today!
Tom was feeling well enough this morning to be able to go into work for about an hour and a half!  He keeps commenting on how everyone tells him how well he looks and his reply is "looks are deceiving".  After radiation and even a nap he wasn't feeling so well.  We both are so thankful that he is not vomiting or miserable...just tired, tummy not "normal" and tired...did I mention tired?  Eight treatments down and 22 to go.  With Tom's treatments starting on a Wednesday, he had 3 treatments the first week, 4 treatments the second week and now this will be his first week of 5 full treatments...I guess you call that "easing into it".
Over the weekend Lisa was able to clean her closet...switching the winter garb for more spring-like attire.  She is now questioning why...our weather still is requiring more warmer than cooler clothing with definitely keeping a raincoat and umbrella at hand.  Tom said the weather in central Ohio is very indicative of how he feels.  We both look forward to being warm and promising each other not to complain when it's hot!  I have noticed that Tom is chilled mostly in the evening needing to wear an extra layer.  I think the damp weather makes it hard to warm up.  Almost seems warmer outside than in the house...even though the thermostat says 72.  They predict tomorrows high temperature at 50...just not what we wanted to hear.

This morning Anne Marie Weakley sent me another encouraging e-mail along with this picture.  She saw this somewhere, took a picture and sent it to us and we wanted to share it with you.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Lisa, I remember meeting your mother at a pizza place after Grandparents' Day a few years back. What a gracious lady she is..."like mother, like daughter". This dreary weather is enough to make anyone more tired and trying to maintain a good attitude. I also feel it is colder inside when the temperature is warmer...the dampness makes it feel that way, I think. Thank you again for posting and helping us know how to pray. Love to both of you.

Isaiah 46:9 "...for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and no one is like Me. I declare the end from the beginning, and from long ago what is not yet done, saying: My plan will take place, and I will do all My will".

Sonja Heffner Realtor said...

Wow, I just saw the count on this site is over 1 million. Can't even immagine a million praying all for you but I'm sure it pleases Jesus. From time to time I read it but haven't posted until now. My Tuesday morning study (your Mom Barb was a member)always prays for your family.
We praise your courage & strength in our Lord.
Sonja Heffner