Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy 25th Birthday, Abbie!

Twenty-five has always been my favorite number...my birthday, Jesus' birthday, etc.  Today our niece, Abbie Anglea Miller, celebrates her 25th birthday on the 25th of May!  Tom received his 25th radiation treatment on the 25th!  That's a lot of 25's...I like it!  Abbie, we pray your day is as special as you are and that Alan treated you like a queen...but we're sure that he does that every day!
We have been praying and waiting on the results of Tom's EEG he had last week and finally today we received good news...no seizure activity!!  Tom will "wean" off of the anti-seizure medication and be completely off of it by June 7th.  This is an answer to prayer.  We are both so thankful to those of you who have prayed.  Tom will not pursue the driving class until we return from our family vacation.  He is one step closer to that goal of driving again.
Tom saw both his radiologist (Dr. DeHaan, he sees every Monday) and his oncologist (Dr. Keubler) this week.  He is in for the long haul and ready to knock out the radiation treatments next week!  The chemotherapy will end for just a month next week also.  Tom will take a double dose of chemo starting a month after radiation ends.  He will take chemotherapy five days a month for 6 months.  Tom is scheduled for his first post-radiation MRI on July 8th.
Yesterday after school Dave Muschott and Cindy Dunn stopped by to talk "school".  The end-of-the-year details are "full go" even when the principal isn't!  Cindy brought us an herb garden and healthy eating magazines!  What a treat it will be to add fresh herbs to my healthy cooking!  Thank you, Cindy.
It's been so good to have Matt home from college.  You know your son is growing up when he initiates cleaning his room, doing laundry, mowing the grass and cleaning cars!  We love you Matt!  He's adjusting to a new way of eating too!  He wrote "ice cream" on my grocery list!  There are a lot of exclamation points in this paragraph...if you're a mother of a son you'll understand and let me share there is hope!
Today dear friends, Carylee Meyers and Deanna England, stopped by to bring me this beautiful Psalm 23 bracelet!  What a special treat to have them to visit and to think of me in such a special way.  Each color bead represents this beautiful Psalm.
Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd (white), I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures (green).
He leads me beside quiet waters (blue), He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness (clear) for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (black)
I will fear no evil for You are with me;
Your rod and your staff (brown), they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies,
You anoint my head with oil (yellow); my cup (purple) overflows.
Surely goodness and love (pink) will follow me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord (gold) forever.


1 comment:

Patti said...

Lisa, does your friend make these bracelet's or do they buy them somewhere? I would love to have one. You don't know me but I found out about Tom's blog from a friend at my church and have been following it. Please email me about the bracelet when you get a chance.