Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good Friends, Good Food & Good Weather


So much to be thankful for...it was so good to wake up to sun beams breaking through the blinds this morning! 
Tom enjoyed another Raisin Rack lunch brought by good friend/WCHS athletic director, Kevin Weakley.  Before Kevin arrived, Tom was sitting at the table waiting in anticipation for a delicious meal and fun conversation with Kevin...then Scott Weakley, friend/coach/painter, showed up and the fun really began!  Sorry Scott we took the pic before you got here.
My parents came by after lunch so I could go to the grocery store and run errands.  My mom accompanied me and my dad stayed with Tom.  Tom had a 3:45 dental appointment that my dad took him to so that we girls didn't have to "rush" our shopping trip...thanks dad.  Dr. Brad Fulton, and Murph, were so glad to see Tom and even prayed with him before he left.
B&B Lawn Care came after dinner (that's Rick & Ethan Burby) to mow our spring lawn.  My dad even joined in the team and there were dueling mowers with Ethan edging...what a blessing.  Susan Burby visited with Tom, Mom & myself while the "team" got our lawn looking great.  Once again I forgot to get a picture of the lawn care team.
The picture of the food is from last nights dinner...my own creation!  I'm really freaking my husband out with my cooking.
So many people have commented on the blog and how much they enjoy it.  That is funny to me because I don't consider myself to be good at writing/English...so for all of you who are correcting my grammar, forgive me.  When I was sitting in English class many years ago I never dreamed of this "opportunity" to share our life's story this way.
Prayer Requests:  This week Dr. Megan DeHaan, radiation oncologist, is mapping out Tom's therapy.  Please pray that God's hand would be upon her.  Pray that HE would give her & her team great wisdom.  We ask specifically that no radiation beam would cause any further damage to Tom's brain or his optic nerve.  Tom's vision has been effected from the original surgery and we definitely don't want him to lose any more of his peripheral vision.
Thank you again for all of the love gifts, cards, and most of all your prayer!  Please know it is in my heart to send a "thank you" note to each person who has been so kind to us over the last month, but it overwhelms me.  So PLEASE accept this as your thank you note knowing our Father in Heaven anticipates your crown with extra jewels!  We love you friends and family.
P.S. Happy Birthday, Nathan!!

2 comments:

brooke said...

Hi Lisa!!! It was so fun to see Tom at the dental office today... When I picked Mason up at Lori's she shared the blog... So neat to read and see all that God has challenged and blessed you all with. Will continue to pray and keep up with everything here on the blog!

Brooke (Fulton) Reid

claudia said...

lisa, i love how your personality radiates from your posts! you make me smile. your messages give us cause for praise and rejoicing. it's such a joy to 'be in your home with you'. may your weekend be filled with blessings as you continue to be surrounded by family. please give my best to tom's folks. hugs, claudia