Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Friday, April 8, 2011

Doctors Appointment - Confirmation

God has met me again today and confirmed in my heart (& Tom's) that Riverside is where we will get his treatment. As I spent time in God's Word, this is the verse that He gave me "Peace to you!" Luke 24:36b. We are confident that God has ordained our steps to Riverside and that God has, can and will continue to use the physicians, nurses, aides, techs, and any person who comes into contact with Tom as tools in His hands to bring about His perfect will. As we met with Dr. Megan DeHaan, Tom's radiation/oncologist, we once again felt confirmation that this is where God wants us. It was almost exactly 22 years ago that I was treated with radiation at the exact same place (my Dr. is still there)! When we were greeted at the door by "Gail" it was the same "Gail" that greeted us 22 years ago...and she remembered us! She loves Jesus and also knows some students at WCHS. Not only that but Dr. DeHaan had Hodgkin's Disease just like me when she was only 17! Please don't think that these two "coincidences" are what made us make this final decision about treatment at Riverside. We want everyone to know that many people, hours of research and much prayer have led us to this point.
Tom was able to have his mapping mold done of his face today and then on Monday will have the MRI/CT scan to complete the requirements for Dr. DeHaan to put together a perfect treatment plan. We were informed today that Tom did not qualify for the clinical trial we enrolled him in. We knew it was questionable since he had the emergency surgery for the bone flap removal. We have prayed that God would make if very clear as to whether or not he should be in the trial and today we are able to praise God for making it very clear!
We are so thankful that Zac & Sarah arrived safely last night. Tom & Zac took on Sarah & I in a round of Hand & Foot and the boys dominated...we girls will have to take them on again with more aggression! Everytime Tom beats me at a game I just say "I'm taking it easy on the sick fella!". It wouldn't matter what the circumstance...Tom beats me at everything! I've always said the fun is in the playing...not the winning...or I'd never have fun!
Matt arrived home safely this afternoon from MVNU and we are looking forward to a family meal and then I'm sure a competition of some sort!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are praying for you! Mike and Kathy Penn

Unknown said...

Didn't you tell me last fall that you beat him in a game of tennis??? You have to hold on to that win and not forget it!!! Great picture of the kids and Tom! Tell everyone "hi" - lug and prayers...
Anne Marie

Jason Ragain said...

Anglea Family,

I have many Marines praying for you guys here in Afghanistan. It has been good getting caught up to speed with your blog. We still will continue to pray for you all. God's Blessings,

Jason Ragain