Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome 2013!

Christmas Morning
Many have commented that they miss a blog update...please forgive me for not posting sooner.  With the busy-ness of the holidays, celebrations, parents visiting, along with sinus, sore throat and sadness I have not posted!  This second round of chemo has been much easier on my body, however with the cold and sore throat lingering so long I haven't quite been myself.
I can't begin to describe the hole in my heart I've experienced through Christmas and New Years.  So many voids of Tom and his presence here.  I told the kids on Christmas morning (through tears) that dad would have said "mom puts the 'special' in Christmas" and I told them that "dad put the 'special' in Christmas"...and yet we both knew that 'together' we made Christmas special at the Anglea home.  We were a team.  I said I wasn't sure how to do it alone, but it was an attempt at doing the best I could.  We know that Christ is Who makes our Christmas special and He not only saw us through Christmas, but will see us through all our days as we adjust to life without Tom.
"Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations,
according to the commandment of the everlasting God,
for obedience to the faith— to God,
alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen."
Romans 16:25-27
Even though I miss Tom like crazy and I haven't felt the best...there is SO much to be thankful for.  I am so happy to have had my parents here for almost three weeks...I will experience another huge void once they leave on Monday.  What joy I pondered in my heart as Matt insisted we use dad's Bible to read the Christmas story, and then he read, just as Tom would have.  Having "Granny Rolls" for Christmas morning.  Feeling well enough to go to the Christmas Eve Service.  Children who love and spoil me.  A fire in the fireplace.  Snow.  Zac and Sarah who keep the house alive.  And the list goes on.
Now for the thanks and memories:
 
Beef Stew, Rolls and
 
Cherry Pie...Thank You, Suzanne Homoelle!
A beautiful poinsettia from the Homoelles!
 
Tortellini Soup...Thank You, O'Roarks!
 
Chicken & Noodles, Salad, Homemade Bread and
 
Chocolate Covered Pretzels...Thank You, Anne Marie Weakley & family!

4 Generations of Love
Granny, Emily, Annie Grace & Kelly
Traditional "Welcome to the Family" Sweater & Dickie!
What a good sport Andrew!!!
Sisters
Cheryl, Lisa & Kelly
 Cousins
 
Celebrating Declan's 1st Birthday!
 
His Lion Cake!  Good Job Brittany...so cute!
 
Big Papa & GG with "greats" Declan & Annie Grace
 
Thank You, Jan Young for your sweet gifts, prayer & encouragement!
 
Thank You, Harmon Family for a fun visit & warm, snuggie socks!
 
Thank You, Marylou & Susan Goldman for the yummy banana bread!
 
Thank You, Margaret Paparella for the tea, pizzelles, CD and
 
Struffoli (Tiny Honey Balls) an Italian Christmas delight!

No comments: