Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Three Down, One to Go


"Precious Name!  It forms a blessed guarantee that nothing can befall me but what is for my good.  I cannot doubt His faithfulness.  I dare not question the rightness of His dispensations.  It is covenant love which is now darkening my earthly horizon.  This hour He is the same as when as when He "spared not His own Son!". Oh, instead of wondering at my trials, let me rather wonder that He has borne with me so long. It is of the Lord's unchanging MERCIES that I am not consumed."
-Dr. John R. McDuff
This is a hard truth for me to grasp...but I KNOW it's true...therefore I praise Him that I'm not consumed by the pain, loss and grief I experience day to day in Tom's absence and my diagnosis/treatment...He sustains me, moment by moment.
Thou O Lord
He is the lifter of my head...
I was overcome with surprise as Matt came into sit by me in church on Sunday!  He made my day.  He went to the OSU vs Michigan game with Kent Homoelle and Austin Morgan in the afternoon and was back in time to go to communion Sunday evening with me.  Thank you, Kent for taking Matt under your wing!  Through many tears and waves of emotion I made it through the communion service.  The last communion I was able to attend, Tom was at my side.  This time I concentrated on Tom's sweet communion with Jesus, face to face!  What an amazing sacrifice of God's Son that enables us to have the hope of heaven!  Thank you to Carylee for so tenderly caring for me through these hard times allowing me to wash her feet...pure friendship.
This treatment has been the best so far.  I'm thinking my body is starting to adjust to the harshness of
chemotherapy!  I believe I took a leap of faith in going to communion and exposing myself to germs that are very prevalent this time of year in Ohio, but I don't want to sit at home alone missing opportunities God has for me to trust Him.  Today I am feeling a sinus/cold coming back on.  Please pray that it will be short lived and not get me down like last time.
Thank you to all who graciously brought meals this past weekend:
 
Tortilla Soup, Salad, Fresh Cantaloupe and
 
Cookies!
And a Longaberger "Hope" Basket from Terri Parrish's mom!
Thank You, Terri for a delicious meal and your sweet friendship!
 
Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans and
 
Blueberry Cheesecake Pie!
Thank You, Bob & Jan Johnson for an awesome meal!
Thank You, Laurie Gatton for the Taco Bake, Salad and
 
more yummy cookies!
Thank You, Bob & Jan for the movie gift card & candy!
Thank You, Susan Burby for the "hope of Spring" crocus'!
Thank You, Mary Gum Dilworth for the sweet package of books, stationary & encouragement!
 
A super special bracelet from my super special sister...
"A sister is God's way of making sure we never walk alone."
 
Love you, Kel!

4 comments:

Debbie C said...

Lisa - You do not know me. Your niece Hannah and I are friends and go to the same church. I pray for you often and enjoy reading your blog. You are an inspiration! God bless!

Sue S. said...

You are amazing!!! Glad this chemo went better - praying for the cold/sinus stuff to leave your body immediately! Everytime I read your blog and see the pictures of Tom I can't believe that he is gone from this earth. We'll never know the sadness and emptiness you and your kids deal with minute by minute. I know that Tom is so very proud of how all of you are hanging in there and taking care of each other. Continuing to keep all of you in our prayers! Love you all!!! Jerry & Sue

Anonymous said...

Lisa: This is our "Today's Ponderance" at the AC:

"...you’ll welcome us with open arms when we run for cover to you. Let the party last all night! Stand guard over our celebration. You are famous, GOD, for welcoming God-seekers, for decking us out in delight."
The Message, Psalm 5:11-12 Prayer is not a lovely sedan for a sight-seeing trip around the city. Prayer is a truck that goes straight to the warehouse, backs up, loads, and comes home with the goods….
John R. Rice

You immediately came to mind when I read this. Thank you for modeling me how to walk with prayer and thanksgiving. You bring home the goods.
~donna laipply

Anonymous said...

Lisa - I'm Julie's sister Helen. You don't know me but you have shown me your heart through this blog so I feel that I know you. You and Tom have been a blessing to my life through your testimony for God's grace. You are in my prayers each night. God bless you.