Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Hannah - flower girl in front of Uncle Tom - 1985
When I became Mrs. Thomas Anglea, I became an aunt!  Tom's brother, Terry and Joyce, had two children at that time...Hannah and Ben.  I was so excited to be an aunt to the sweetest kids on earth!  Even though miles separate us...we always have had a "connection".  Hannah is one of the sweetest people in this world.  I had the privilege of having her in my wedding and she returned the favor by asking me to stand with her as a bridesmaid at her wedding.
Hannah & Jason - June 2002
Not only was it a privilege for me to be a bridesmaid in Hannah's wedding, but I also had the honor of helping her make the flowers for her wedding!  She flew from Chicago to Columbus for a few days for us to work on the flowers together...what fun we had.
Our finished work...beautiful!
Birdseed bags too!
Ready to fly back to Chicago with all the "goods"!
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels."
Isaiah 61:10
Not only was I honored to help with flowers and be a bridesmaid BUT also while Hannah was in high school she wrote a paper honoring me!  I still have a copy of her paper that her dad sent me...it is a treasure I keep in my Bible.
"My Hero"
Like Mother, Like Daughter
Joyce & Hannah
Hannah with her brother, Ben & her two boys, Max & Kyle
Jason, Hannah & Kyle (or K-bob!)
Hannah, Uncle Tom and I love you SO much and pray that your days are blessed and your birthday is extra special...just like YOU!
Love, Uncle Tom & Aunt Lisa

When the calendar page turned to March I decided the snowman, sled and winter wreath needed removed.  I placed a spring wreath on the door.  The very next day we woke to winter white!  Our forecast is for warmer temperatures and we look forward to getting outside more and more.  We have to remember it is Ohio and we will be teased with warmer weather only for the cold to return.
Another delicious meal compliments of Abby Rettstatt
Thank You Abby
Salad & Dessert too...
No...don't worry, Tom didn't eat the brownies!
Last night we enjoyed tortilla soup with all the fixings, corn bread & lemon bars!
Thank you, Margo Belkofer...it was delicious!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You have a wonderful family. Any occasion becomes special when you have the blessing of the lord and the love of the family with you. One of my brothers just got married in one of the best Chicago wedding venues and the whole family gathered for the occasion. We don’t really get together much, and when we do, it becomes a wonderful memory!