Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Are You Ready?

Sleepless nights
Mind racing
LIFE
DEATH
A few weeks ago I awoke thinking
"Who says Tom will go before me?"
None of us know when our day will come
We do know...it will come
"And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment"
Hebrews 9:27
We all will die
What is death?
I'm realizing death is more about those of us left behind
How a person's death changes us
An integral part of who we are...now gone
Who am I without Tom?
Wife, now widow
But...still the bride of Christ
I am a child of the KING
Prepared to CARRY ON in light of the...
pain
loneliness
quietness
newness
I have hope
I will see him again
And when I do...it will all be clear
The questions answered with one look at my SAVIOR
For those of us who have placed our trust in
JESUS CHRIST
Death is when real life begins
"We have a measure of freedom in this life,
followed by an ETERNITY where your choices in this life will be spent."
-Jim Custer
What are you doing with this life?
It doesn't matter how long or short it is...
it's never enough
without Christ
Neither Tom nor I want this experience wasted
If this gives us a better platform to share what Christ came to do for us,
for YOU,
we accept
Do YOU accept what Christ came to do?
Bring you FREEDOM
Freedom from yourself
Your sin
Your flesh
Your hopelessness
Your lostness
Your DEATH
"It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance,
that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all."
I Timothy 1:15
As we celebrate the ultimate HOLYday
EASTER
Can you look to the cross
With a sense of hope?
"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
I Corinthians 1:18
It is our prayer that this Easter you look to the cross
Realize the penalty for OUR sins was paid in FULL
Accept the payment
Accept JESUS
Knowing
"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."
II Peter 3:9
Jesus conquered DEATH
The cross was not the end
HE IS RISEN
"Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified.
He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said."
Matthew 28:5-6

1 comment:

Jenny said...

This is really good, Tom & Lisa. Thanks for the challenge to live out Christ and verbalize it as well. Who knows how God might use this to reach someone.