Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Life is Full

My mom arrived this past Tuesday from Florida and she will be here, along with my dad, through New Years.  My dad drove up from Florida earlier so he could go on an annual hunting trip to Kansas with my brother and nephew.  A trip that Tom and Matt have both been on and one that Tom only wished he was on now.
2007 Youth Hunt
Addy~Tom~Matt~Mille~Lisa
Fun Memories
When my mom and I were talking on Wednesday she mentioned that she hadn't read the blog in awhile and I said I haven't posted anything!  I'm finding our days are FULL and they pass by quickly.  By the time I fall into bed at night I'm so exhausted I can't think about the blog.  Mom said that the blog is like reading a book and when she "picks it up to read" and I haven't posted it's like the next chapter has blank pages!!  I'm sorry for those of you who have "picked up the book" and the pages were blank!
I'll back up to last Saturday morning...it was the first morning we didn't have to hurry.  Tom decided he wanted Belgian waffles for breakfast and I was more than happy to make his wishes come true.  They were delicious.
Our Friends The Nishizaki's
Sue, Scott, Megan, Jordan & Lauren
Sunday evening we were blessed with a delivery of fresh, homemade clam chowder, Panera bread and blueberry coffeecake, compliments of the Nishizaki family.  Clam Chowder is one of our favorites and we were ready and waiting when they arrived!  It was a famous Seattle recipe that Scott has mastered and we certainly enjoyed it...all.  Thank you Nishizaki's!
Tom walks with a crutch & therapist!
Tuesday afternoon we were blessed with a special visitor...Karen Klapheke.  Karen is a sister-in-the-Lord, fellow church servant and is also the WCHS Choir Director.  She is absolutely gifted in what she does and we were blessed to have her here to visit.  We are thankful to her for all she does, not only at our church but at the high school too and we are thankful to her husband, Greg for his ministry at the church as well.  Greg and Karen gave us a Bob Evans gift card to enjoy a night out (or in)...thank you!
Greg & Karen Klapheke
Tuesday evening we were offered dinner...TWICE!  Our dentist and his wife, Brad & Murph Fulton, had brought us dinner while at the hospital and then called and offered again this week.  Murph brought us Chicken Parmesan, salad, bread and a half gallon of ice cream (she must know Tom's weakness!).  When we had lined up the day and time over the phone Murph said that she would be coming from work and that we would need to heat it up, so when my sister called and said today is a WCS fund raiser at Taranto's Pizza and would we want her to bring us pizza, I thought "I'll save Murph's meal for Wednesday and enjoy pizza tonight!".  Well Murph decided to bring dinner hot and ready to go!  She arrived shortly after the pizza and boy did I feel horrible!  But if any of you know Murph she was totally fine with it and understood.  So we had enough Chicken Parmesan for two dinners and I haven't had to cook for three days!
Dr. Brad & Murph Fulton
Thank You!
Wednesday after school the Student Council students came by our home to do a final rake and clean up of our yard!  What a blessing to have a large group of awesome kids to make a big job for me seem so small.
Many hands make the work light!
On Wednesday I noticed Tom's scar site was somewhat reddish and draining yuck.  The nurse was here that day and thought it still looked okay, but to keep and eye on it.  When Tom woke up this morning his pillow had a large area of wet drainage which alarmed me.  I cleaned up his head, pillowcase and when Kay Scott arrived for PT she said to notify the doctor because she thought Tom should be put on an antibiotic.  So I text Dr. Zerick who promptly called in an antibiotic.  I'm so thankful we didn't have to make a trip to the doctor.  I'm thankful too for Jill Coon picking up the prescription and delivering to our door!
Our dear friends...The Homoelle's
Bethany, Kent, Courtney, Suzanne & Colleen
Today for lunch, Kent Homoelle came with a Chipotle bowl for Tom!  What a treat for Tom to get Chipotle for lunch, BUT more importantly to have "man time"...thanks Kent.  While Kent was here my life got a little "hairy".  I had contacted a friend (who happens to be a notary) to come by to notarize the title to our car so we can sell it and get a more accommodating vehicle for Tom's needs.  I had gone to retrieve the title when I realized we only had a 'memorandum title'.  With several calls to the loaning agency, a trip to our bank and the BMV (with original Power of Attorney) I now have a car title after several hours of "drama".  I was back just in time before Ann Wheat knocked at the door.  Ann is also a teacher at WCHS and dear family friend.  Not only did she bring sweet fellowship, her notary "power", but also a freshly baked loaf of pumpkin bread!
Ann & Tom
The next few days will prove to be busy too.  Tomorrow we are having a new bed delivered!  It will be the first time in over a month that my honey and I will get to sleep together.  Can I say that I can't wait to snuggle up next to him tomorrow night?  I know, I know...my kids are saying TMI mom!!!  (too much information)
Also, tomorrow evening Tom's brother, Tim, will be arriving.  He planned this trip here since he was in Chicago, however he will be flying in from Atlanta!  Change of schedule.  We are looking forward to having him here through Saturday evening.  Then on Saturday Tom has four friends from his high school in Atlanta coming to visit for the day!  I will keep you posted with pictures soon.
The revolving door continues to rotate!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Thank you Lisa, for your homefront news. It's the beginning of my day - such an inspiration. Tom seems to be making great progress...Praise the Lord. You and your lovely family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for!