Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Birthday Eve

Many of you have probably checked the blog for new updates and have been left disappointed to not find a new post.  Never did I realize how busy life would be now that Tom is home.  Between his care, therapy sessions, day to day activities and trying to get our house more handicap friendly...I am BUSY!  I am so thankful to my sister-in-love for staying this week with Tom and I to help in any and every way she can.  Each day we are trying to simplify our life and home to make it more accommodating for Tom.  Today we tackled rearranging the furniture to give us a more open concept and wheelchair friendly.  I am so thankful for Cheryl and Kelly's help with such a large undertaking.  What a great feeling to rid the home of unwanted items and organize the needed items.
Today we were encouraged with the Physical Therapy session with Kay Scott and her boss, Lisa.  I wanted to show you all Tom's great accomplishment today:  Two trips around our kitchen island!  But I couldn't get the video to download...bummer.
There are so many things I feel like I need to share and yet my brain is so tired I can't remember anything!  I do remember that yesterday the Weakley's stopped by with Grant.
Grant "Batman" & Tom "Spiderman"
Also, yesterday we had the pleasure of having Ade and Rachel Yanec, Wycliffe missionaries in Peru.  Rachel was an English teacher at WCHS when Tom became the principal there.  We love our new Peruvian alpaca scarves they brought for us!
Rachel, Tom & Ade
Today Tom enjoyed a walk with Tom Burns (Yes, I forgot to take their picture).  What a beautiful day to get outside and enjoy some "male bonding" time and get out of the house with all the women!  Thanks Tom for giving us all a respite.
Okay...I know this isn't great writing but it's late and I know I'll be up with Tom tonight and another full day tomorrow celebrating Tom's birthday...he has a boatload of cards to open!  Thank you to all of you who have remembered his special day.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Happy birthday, Uncle Tom! Alan and I pray for you several times throughout our day, and we hope that you enjoy an extra special day on your birthday because you definitely deserve it! Your bathroom turned out beautifully; what a blessing the remodeling is! Thank you so much for your godly example during these past several months. Throughout your stay at the hospital we read about how you and Aunt Lisa tried to share Jesus with several people; that is a great challenge for me to keep witnessing to the different people that cross my path. Thank you so much for being a wonderful relative and friend. Wish we could be there to help you celebrate your special day! Much love, Abbie