Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Pops!

What a disappointment that Tom couldn't write in his own words what his father means to him.  I will do the best I can to honor him as I know Tom would like to.  Tom is so appreciative for his dad's love and direction for his life.  God is so good to have given Tom a father who loves Jesus.  What a blessing to grow up in a home where God is honored as Lord of Life, Creator of Life and Sustainer of Life.  Not only did Tom grow up in a home where God was the Head of the home, but where his earthly father was the leader of the home who modeled Christ's instruction by keeping the Bible as God's Holy Word.  Tom was taught the importance of tithing, church involvement, godly discipline, keeping a clean, well run car, yard work and an incredible work ethic...all from his father.  Tom wanted me to be sure to mention how much his dad's even temperament, sweet spirit and giving heart attributed to who Tom is today...a man of great character.
"But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness."
Hebrew 12:8-10
Tom wants to thank his dad for:
Loving mom
Working hard
Cheering me on
The GTO "goat"
Modeling Christ
Godly discipline
Providing for our family
Teaching me to wash a car
Raising 3 boys to be godly men
Coaching my little league teams
Teaching me to care for a garden
Krystal after 1/2 day kindergarten
Welcoming Meemaw into our home
Happy Birthday Dad...I love you!


1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I love your family!!!