Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our Anniversary

Yesterday Tom and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary!  What a blessing to enjoy our day here in Florida.  We went to Manasota Beach and I don't think I've ever seen such a calm gulf.  It was perfect.  Tom and I went on a very long beach walk, swam and had a picnic lunch. Tom is trying to exercise daily to gain back some strength and build his endurance.  I couldn't think of a better way to spend the day.  We then ended our day with an amazing meal at The Crow's Nest.  Tom had grilled mahimahi and I had grilled red snapper, both were delicious.  Tom and I have said good bye to one of our favorite foods...fried fish!
This isn't a good picture, but wanted to put it on the blog...notice the sign above us!
"Amazing Grace"...we're experiencing it!
Last night my parents went to Ft. Myers airport to pick up my niece Lauren and her husband Tim, who are here for a week!  No break for my parents...they go from company to company!
Please pray for us as we enter back into reality.  Tom has his first post-radiation MRI on Friday.  Oncology appointment on Monday with the chemotherapy restarting.  If I can be brutally honest, I would much rather live my life in "vacation world".  I am not looking forward to entering back into reality.  Tom is ready to get back to "normal", whatever that is!  He is looking forward to getting back to the high school and finding his routine.  I'm still praying about my job commitments.  My priority is Tom and seeing that he is properly cared for!  We feel that I can make some firmer decisions about work once the MRI results are back.  God continues to teach us how to live our lives "daily" relying on Him.
Tom and I want to thank our parents for all the love and support they have given us and we know they will continue to give us.  We are truly blessed and we're so thankful for the time we've had together.  We will see them again soon, Tom's nephew is getting married on July 30th in Clinton, IL so we will all be together there.  My family will all (25 of us) be together in Tennessee for our annual family vacation.  We always look forward to our times together with family.  Thank you family...we love you!

3 comments:

peggiebell said...

Happy anniversary to two of my absolutely favorite people. May you have many decades more of marrital blessings and bliss. Our God is an awesome God who never leaves us, never stops providing for us; never breaks His promises; never misses even the tiniest details of our lives and needs. How could we get through all of this without His "amazing and continual grace!" Praying continually!

epschoon said...

Congratulations you two! Happy 26th Anniversary. Ellen

Barb said...

Happy Anniversary Tom and Lisa!! Your marriage is a beautiful testimony to God's faithfulness and love.