Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Anniversary Dad & Mom!

On July 24th, 1959 my dad married my mom...or maybe my mom married my dad...no, they married each other.  Not only have they been married for 52 years...I can honestly say that I believe they have been happily married for 52 years!  They continue to inspire Tom and I and we are so grateful to the Lord for their commitment to God, each other and their family.  The past 7 years they have wintered in Florida, however this past winter they decided to buy a "real" home and make Venice, Florida their permanent address.  In March they came back to Dublin to put their home here on the market.  Little did we or they know why God would have them here in March...they say "hind sight is 20/20"...the day before they were to leave to go back to Florida is when Tom ended up in the hospital...the rest is history.  God had them here for us.  A huge "thanks" goes to my sister, brother-in-law, brother and sister-in-law who helped them with their big move.  Tom and I were out of the "loop" on that adventure...and we can honestly say we're sad we missed it.  Not only were my parent's in the middle of a major move, my siblings helping to sort and pack but they all were instrumental in helping Tom and I too!  It is with this amazing family that God allows us to spend a week together on Norris Lake in Tennessee next week!  Thanks to my parents for making this family vacation a priority for us.  I will not fully be able to put into words what my parents mean to me.  I am still trying to grasp the enormity of their move for me.  God continues to remind both Tom and I on a daily basis how to trust Him daily, not weekly, monthly or yearly.  I tend to allow my mind to think of the future and the "how will this play out with my parents in Florida now" and God brings me back to trusting Him for today.  I don't know for sure what tomorrow holds but I do know Who holds the future!  I am so thankful for the years that my parents have been nearby and know that whenever we need to "get away" we have a place in Venice!  And whenever they need to "come home" our nest is empty!
We LOVE you!
Tom and I had a great time on Friday evening with our dear friends, Dave and Lori Muschott.  Dave stepped into Tom's role at the high school when our lives were turned upside down in March.  We wanted to thank not only Dave but Lori also for her role in supporting him during those difficult days.  We enjoyed dinner at "Bonefish Grill" and then back to the Muschott home to see pictures and hear details of their daughter, Brittany's engagement to Brian Hecker.  We arrived to their home to find the power out after a huge storm!  Okay, so we'll get to see the pictures later...another reason to get together!  Now that Tom and I have a recently married daughter we feel we are a wealth of information (ha, ha)!  Anyway, thank you Dave and Lori for all you mean to us.
Saturday morning Tom and I enjoyed serving someone else versus being served!  Matthew was to be caring for a lawn while a family was out of town and since Matt was in Mt. Vernon at basketball camp he couldn't do it.  So being the gracious parents we are...Tom and I tag teamed the yard job and we both were encouraged to be able to do it.  Has anyone else noticed how HOT it is here?  Whew...we are thankful for air-conditioning!  It's been warmer here than in Florida...crazy.
Saturday night we were encouraged to have long-time friends, Jim and Terri Parrish here for dinner.  What a refreshing time of fellowship, food and good old fashion gaming!  Our competitive sides came out on the table as we teamed up for Skip Bo and then ended the evening with a round of Euchre.  Thanks Jim and Terri for being such a godly couple who we can share life with.  Of course I forgot to take a picture:(.
We were so blessed this morning to have the Operation Barnabas teams here for our Sunday worship.  God used the music, drama and His Word to revitalize Tom and I as we continue to walk by faith and not by sight.  What special memories the OBer's brought as it was just a short time ago Sarah was a part of that amazing adventure!
Tomorrow Tom will go to the oncologist for blood work.  The blood work will determine if he will continue with the same dose of chemotherapy.  If the numbers are in "normal" range there is the possibility that the dose will be increased.  It's funny...we were talking and Tom said "I kinda hope that my numbers are down (not normal) so I don't have to up my dose" and I agreed with him.  We really do want his numbers to be normal, but we don't want to increase the drugs!  Thank you for joining with us in prayer that God's will be done.

No comments: