Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Sunday morning we were encouraged by the sermon here at First Baptist Church of Venice.  America was founded on Christ and how far we as a nation have come from that foundation.  Our country needs revival and that begins with me!  Am I willing to surrender all to Him and allow revival to start with me?  I shared Sunday that it is so hard for me to step into the "surrender circle" apart from Tom.  Tom is such a vital part of my life.  This mornings devotions God spoke "You will never be in control of your life circumstances, but you can relax and trust in My control.  Instead of striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, seek to know Me in greater depth and breadth."  Lord, You know I'm trying.
Sunday we enjoyed lunch at Marker 4 then Terry and Kelly were off to Ft. Myers to fly back to Columbus.  Tom took his usual afternoon nap and Mike, Cheryl and I enjoyed great conversation in the pool!  Dad and mom got back in time to then take Mike and Cheryl to Sarasota to fly back to Pittsburgh with then a very late night drive back to Akron.  Tom and I will never be able to communicate our love and appreciation for the commitment Terry, Kelly, Mike and Cheryl have made to us.  What honor and love we feel as they continue to give, love and commit to whatever we need.  Thanks guys for a great week of memories made and cherished time together...we love you.
Sunday evening we enjoyed the Sunday evening service at the beach singing patriotic songs, a challenge from God's Word and a baptism in the gulf!  A beautiful evening and God held the rain off until we were all back in the car!
Monday started early with me taking off on a bike and time to think and pray.  It was a cloudless sky and a beautiful time exercising my legs and brain!  My mom's bike is equipped with odometer and after 5 miles and time for Tom's medicine I was back at the house.  After telling Tom about my great ride he said "I want to go on a bike ride!".  So after blueberry pancakes for breakfast and trimming the hibiscus tree the four of us jumped on bikes and headed out for another 5 miles!  What a great way to start the holiday.  Lunch by the pool and then nap time for Tom allowed me more quiet time floating on a raft!  The rain clouds rolled in around 3:00, perfect timing to make fruit bowl and relish tray before heading to the Homoelle Family condo for dinner and fireworks!
Friends since 1984, when Tom met Kent Homoelle at WCHS, we have enjoyed our times with them over the years.  Kent is one of Tom's "best friends" and Tom always looks forward to his time with him.  We both love their family and Suzanne and the girls are all so sweet.  Our son, Matt is actually house and dog sitting for them while they are here in Venice.  Suzanne made fajitas for us all, Kent's mom, Suzanne's dad and my parents too! 
My parents received a VERY exciting phone call while we were there...they're going to be great-grandparents!  My niece Brittany and her husband, Dan Magee are expecting their first child in December!  As soon as my parents hung up Tom and I received a call to announce our "greatness"!!  What fun times and excitement ahead.  The storm rolled through and it cleared off beautifully for fireworks off the Jetty over the gulf...they were spectacular.

Courtney, Bethany, and Colleen Homoelle
Celebrating our FREEDOM
""Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:32

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Miss u guys!!! Wish we were there with you ;) You all look gr8! Lots of love...
Anne Marie