Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Monday, September 30, 2013

Brother

“May peace be within your walls,
And prosperity within your palaces.”
 For the sake of my brothers and my friends,
I will now say, “May peace be within you.”
 For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
I will seek your good.
Psalm 122:7-9
What can I say? I have the best brother ever!! Who takes a week of vacation to go help their needy sister?  My brother!! There have been some items on my "to do" list that Mike decided to come and help me with.  What an encouragement he is to me.  We got the house title/deed solely in my name, met with my financial planner, looked at some condos, started the loan application process, went to dinner with Terry, Kelly, Zac, Mike, Lauren, Tim, Zac and Sarah for my birthday, refinished my kitchen table, had dinner at our sister's, went to our nephews soccer game, visited Tom's grave & had a picnic lunch there, toured ExhibitPro, and redid a flower bed!  When he left on Friday I thought to myself how much easier life is with a "team".  Thank you to my awesome sister-in-love, Cheryl, for releasing Mike to come to my aid!
Crab Cake Salad for my birthday dinner at J.Liu
Birthday Dessert to share!
Friends come to visit on my birthday...
Carylee brought DQ Blizzards...Ginny brought carrot cake!
Thank You Patti for the Cheryl's Cookie!
Thank You McMahon family for my special card!
Thank You everyone for the beautiful birthday wishes...
cards, e-mails & Facebook greetings!
Praising the Lord for my new job!
A beautiful day for a picnic at the cemetery with Mike, Zac & Sarah
 
Friday night I was whisked away on a birthday surprise by Sarah.  We went to dinner only to find Zac, Matt and Liz waiting for us...SURPRISE!  After dinner we decided, since it was such a beautiful night, to take sky lanterns to Hoover Reservoir in remembrance of Tom.
Family Fun Night
Sarah & Zac
Matt & Liz
"And they remembered that God was their rock,
And the Most High God their Redeemer."
Psalm 78:35
Saturday we drove to Marysville, Ohio to go apple picking.  What a perfect day to roam the apple orchard and fill our bags with fresh apples for fall baking!
Ready to pick apples...Sarah, Lisa, Matt & Liz
Mother & Daughter
Liz & Matt
Lunch on the sidewalk in downtown Worthington
Matt & Liz making caramel apples!
Sunday was the "icing on the cake" of a great weekend...Zac did the preaching on Sunday!  What an amazing job he did.  You can hear the sermon on our church's website www.gracepolaris.org and click on "sermons", you will be blessed.  We are thankful that Zac's parents, grandfather, brother, sister-in-love, nieces and nephew were there.  After church we all gathered for Sunday lunch at our house.  What a great time of fellowship we enjoyed.

No comments: