Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Monday, September 23, 2013

Babies, Bride & Birthdays

Short North with Margaret

The way out of confusion is to concentrate: circle around Christ. Simplicity isn’t a matter of circumstances — it’s a matter of focus.
Concentrate on Christ — and life becomes pure, concentrated joy.
-Ann Voskamp
 
Confusion...my state of life lately!  Lord, help me concentrate on YOU...help me focus.  I was told that the one year anniversaries are hard...I wasn't considering this hard.  One year ago Tom went into The Kobacker Hospice Care Facility.  Last weekend Matt and Liz accompanied me to the Kobacker House to meander the outdoor walking trail.  It was the first time back to reminisce over all the Lord has done for me...us...over the last year.  How can a year have gone by?  It feels like a lifetime of heartache poured into a short span of time that causes my heart strain.  I know what to do...concentrate on Christ...it's the focusing I'm having trouble with.  Focusing on who am I apart from Tom...it's kind of like trying to embrace who I am apart from Christ...I don't want to think about that!  Who am I?  Where do I fit into this life?  Much feels awkward and empty...lonely.
I recently was interviewed by our pastor as he prepared for a new sermon series on I Peter and he wanted to hear about my experience with suffering.  This short video clip is the edited version of a lengthy conversation that was shown at church Sunday.  I'm humbled to think God can use my story to bring Him glory and encourage others.
 
Babies:
Lauren's Baby Shower
 
Babysitting Annie Grace!
 
We made a trip to WCMS to visit Nana!
 
Not babies anymore BUT I did have the privilege of babysitting these precious children!
Katherine, Megan & Grant Weakley
 
Chalkboard at the Weakley's Home
 
Bride:


Joel & Morgan
September 15, 2013
Thank you Joel and Morgan for allowing me the privilege of having a small part on your BIG day...
I love you both and pray God's richest blessings on your life serving Him!
 
Birthdays:
Aubrey & Aunt Lisa
 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for what you have been through, but my soul rejoices in your testimony of faith. Every time I read your blog I am given hope. You and Tom are part of God's blessing to others.