Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

One Year Ago

Listen With Your Heart

Memories are a treasure time cannot take away,
so may you be surrounded by happy ones today...
May all the love and tenderness of golden years well spent,
come back today to fill your heart with beauty and content...
And may you walk down memory lane and meet the one you love,
for while you cannot see him, he'll be watching from above...
And if you trust your dreaming, your faith will make it true,
and if you listen with your heart he'll come and talk with you...
So for his sake be happy and show him that his love,
has proven strong and big enough to reach down from above...
And you will never walk alone when memories door swings wide,
for you'll find that your beloved is always at your side.
 
J. Thomas Anglea
November 3, 1962 ~ October 10, 2012
 
Last weekend Tom's family gathered together to celebrate our niece, Leah's wedding to Pete Cavanaugh.  What a beautiful celebration we enjoyed as they joined their hearts as one.  The only piece missing from a beautiful day was "Uncle Tom". 
 
Sweet Sisters
Cherith & Hannah
 
One of the best parts of the weekend was meeting my great nephew & niece:

Great Aunt Lisa & Ian Thomas Walker
Sarah & Kennedy Faith Miller
 
Matt, Pops, Granny, Sarah & Zac
 
Uncle Y.T., Aunt Patsy, Granny & Pops
What an encouraging Sunday sermon...a great reminder of our eternal home.  What a blessing to know that "there is more to come"!  Thanks Terry for remembering and allowing us to marvel in God's amazing plan!
 
 
Because I have the most amazing friends ever...I have not been wallowing in the "woe is me" syndrome this week.  The one year anniversary of Tom's home-going has been planned and prepared by my friends.  This week, Carylee planned a "staycation".  We enjoyed the comforts of her in-law suite, biking adventure, Graeter's Ice Cream, Piada dinner, the movie "Grace Unplugged", shopping, Tom's Ice Cream Bowl, prayer time and great fellowship! At the end of my sweet time with Carylee I will then be doted upon by Ginny!  Our plans are to enjoy the beauty of Fall in the Amish territory of Holmes County, Ohio! I am blessed.
Biking to Downtown Westerville
A Trip to Zanesville...Tom's Ice Cream Bowl
A Family Tradition Over the Years!
I am so thankful for the strength the Lord continues to give me.  I know that Tom wants me to be happy and move on...not forgetting him, but living with him in my heart and treasuring the precious memories we had for 28+ years!

"Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplication.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him.
The Lord is their strength,
And He is a saving defense to His anointed."
Psalm 28:6-8


No comments: