Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Monday, October 22, 2012

Do You Know HIM?


I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my sister-in-love comment on a Facebook article that Matt wrote!  God is doing great things in Matt...I am so proud of him.
Here is his article:

This was a question that one of my teachers (professors) asked in an essay that we had to write for class. It hit home with me, hopefully it will with you too.

1. What does it mean when a person dies? In other words, what do you tell yourself has happened to that person? What future does that person have?

This question has hit home with me due to the recent death of my father. It is a very tough question to ask myself because no one likes the reality of death. When a person dies, their spiritual body is taken from this world and their earthly body, or what I would like to call “shell”, remains on this earth. The earthly shell or body is buried into the ground but the person’s spirit or spiritual body is taken into eternal life. Eternal life, which is clearly talked about in God’s Word is a very serious matter. Those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior will go to eternal glory and be in heaven with Jesus. Those who have not accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and savior will be cast into Hell and the eternal lake of fire. It is very hard for me to grasp “eternity”, let alone spending eternity in Hell. As I think about my father and his life on this earth, the suffering that he had as he fought brain cancer was completely healed when God allowed him to take his final breath. The perfect eternal body that he has in heaven is a wonderful truth that I hold onto. Although it is difficult losing my dad, knowing that he is in heaven with Jesus is so comforting to know. My dad’s funeral was the first one that I have been too. I honestly hate the word “funeral”; I prefer to use the word “Celebration”. I love using the word celebration because that is what is going on in heaven now and that is what heaven was doing when my dad got there. It is a celebration because my dad has been made new and is just like Christ. The whole purpose of life on this earth is to become more like Christ and my dad strived to be like Christ every day. He is now experiencing this first hand in heaven. It is because of Christ’s love for us that He sent his only Son to give us hope for eternity. We as humans are unable to know the future but when we give our life to Christ, we can be assured of our future. A future that is perfect and will last all of eternity; a future that is spent with Christ; and a future where fellow believers will be one with each other. Do you have this hope? Although it is very tough at times not being able to be with my dad here on this earth, I know that I will see him again one day and this is because of my trust and belief in my personal Savior, Jesus Christ. Do you know HIM?

Oh...and for those of you who couldn't be at Tom's Celebration service...here is a copy of the program that turned out awesome.  "Thank You" Tyler Mitchell for your awesome work to make this happen!

Back Page                                                                   Front Page
Inside

No comments: