Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Storms, Power Outage, Chemo...Life

I'm not sure where to begin...
I guess I'll start chronologically with thanks for our meal last Thursday evening:
Chicken, Broccoli, Rice Casserole, Applesauce, Rolls
AND
Tom's Favorite Dessert
Thank You Lisa Siders!!
Allie loved Addy
Friday evening we were anticipating guests, Tim, Carrie & Allie Clothier, from Indiana (friends of Zac & Sarah) when a rather sudden storm with hurricane force winds hit Columbus.  We praise the Lord for His protection over the Clothiers as they traveled through the storm, allowed our electricity to stay on and our trees to stay standing.  My sister's home didn't fair as well...
1 tree down & 7 others damaged!
Electric OUT
Saturday Terry, Dan & Zac became lumber jacks!
Saturday Visitors!
Matt, Scott, Brian, Tom & Kevin
It was so good for Tom to visit with the Weakley men (minus Jason).  Brian is in town (from Texas) with his wife and son...thanks Brian for making it a priority to come and visit.  There is always much laughter and good memories from the basketball court to the paint crew when the Weakley's are here!
Saturday evening Kelly, Brittany, Declan, Zac, Sarah, Matt and I traveled to North Fairfield, Ohio for my cousin's sons graduation party.  I am so thankful to Zac for staying with Tom while we went.  They enjoyed "guy time" and Chipotle with Terry and Dan.  What a beautiful evening on a beautiful property to celebrate Austin's accomplishments.
Ryan, Austin & Becky Hintz
Their beautiful home...
Catching up with my cousin, Brenda & Aunt Carol
My mom's big brother, Uncle Bob & Aunt Carol
So good to see them!
Sisters/Cousins
Abbi, Kelly, Lisa & Jenn
Siblings
Jenn, Ryan & Abbi
Cousins fishing at the pond...
Braden, Zac, Matt, Austin, Haydon & Noah
Abbi's daughter Avery Grace enjoys the critters on the farm!
Quinton keeps Rhys & Abbi on their toes!
Sarah gets Declan snuggles!
An amazing God gave us an amazing sunset to end the evening!
God has blessed us with some awesome cucumbers from the garden!
Sunday evening we braced for another round of storms.  As the lights began to flicker, Tom and I prayed that the Lord would see to it that our electric remained, we were some of the few left in our city with power!  Well...after several flickers...it went.  God blessed us with some candle light Skipbo games that evening.  After several hours without power, I began to wonder if the refrigerator and freezer could hold out in this heat, so I started making calls to see where I could take our cold stuff to refrigerate/freeze. 
Thanks to Kent Homoelle whose brother, David, had a generator we could use.  They said they would be here in 30 minutes.  With the refrigerator and freezer plugged in we could sleep a little calmer to the din of the generator.  We were so thankful for the drop in temperature so sleeping wasn't too bad.  Monday morning I woke to the generator out of gas.  Matt was off to get some gasoline and a few coffee's to go!  Tom was bummed that a shower was not going to happen before we headed back to OSU for his 7th Avastin infusion.  I promised him a shower as soon as the power came back on.  We prayed that the power would be back by the time we arrived home from the hospital.  Sarah text me while we were still there and said "it's back!"...we praised Him for answered prayer.  I was already trying to get creative with where we would go after chemo since the house had heated up and I knew Tom would be miserable...so my creative thoughts were not needed!
Our meal Monday after chemo...fit for a king!
Thank you, Karen Rugg-Klapheke
Steak, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans
AND
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
AND
Yummy Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast!
Last week my sister was so generous to stand in line (outside in the heat) to get us a bushel of fresh Georgia peaches!  Today (they are still without power!) she came over so we could freeze peaches and she was able to do a couple loads of laundry.  Life slows down without electric.  As our children all head downtown tonight to enjoy "Red, White & Boom"...Terry and Kelly will come over and join Tom and I in the air conditioning and I'm sure some Skipbo time too!

No comments: