Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence vs Dependence

"However, in the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman.  For as the woman originates from the man, so also the man has his birth through the woman; and all things originate from God."
I Corinthians 11:11-12
It's been on my heart...
Realizing how dependent I am/was on Tom...
Today, Independence Day...
I realize how dependent he is on me!
Marriage...it's a beautiful thing!
However, what's on my heart today isn't about the marriage between a man and a woman...
It's about becoming dependent upon God...
A "marriage" with my Savior...
As humans we have (given by God, because we all "originate from God") a free will that naturally begs for our independence, individuality and a "me first" attitude.  I remember when my children were small and they would say "I do it"...and praise the Lord that they have grown up and can live independent of their parents!  However, one truth Tom and I pray that they "caught", is their total dependence on their Creator Who begs for their dependence on Him.
As you enjoy family, fireworks, parades, cook-outs and celebrating the freedom we have to worship our Creator...remember Who you are dependent upon and just because we are celebrating Independence Day...do not ever become so independent that you think you don't need JESUS!  He is our Life-giving, Life-sustaining Creator of our souls that demands our response in need of Him as our Savior.
Depend on Him today...and you WILL be FREE!
"But what does it say? “ The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.  For the Scripture says, “ Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.”
Romans 10:8-11

No comments: