Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cougar Victory!

What fun it has been to have Tom's parents here.  We all (Tom, Pops, Granny, Sarah, Zac & I) packed in the Outlook for a trip to Mt. Vernon to watch Matt's basketball game on Saturday afternoon.  What an exciting game that was "nip and tuck" the whole 40 minutes until the very end when MVNU won 63-60 against Marian University!  Once again Matt started and had quality playing time...it is really exciting to be there and finally see the cougars on the winning side.
Pops, Tom & Zac...Matt's cheering section!
Granny, Matt & Pops...victory smiles!
After the game the eight of us (Pops, Granny, Sarah, Zac, Matt, Katelyn, Tom & I) enjoyed a wonderful dinner and fellowship at the Parkside Diner...our local favorite family restaurant.  What a fun day.
Many of you who know me well...know I don't show my emotions and rarely have you probably ever seen me cry.  Well...if you've spent much time around me in the last 10 months you know that my emotions are hard to hide.  I never understood when people around me would be moved to tears and I wasn't...how could this be?  I always wanted to have a more emotional side to me, or I guess a "softer side"...the Lord has a way to move us to that softer side...I never dreamed it would be down a road such as this.  Anyway, each time I saw my parents on Thursday evening at the benefit dinner I was moved to tears...I felt it coming and knew that when we said our good byes that night that it wasn't going to be pretty.  You see, my parents left early Friday morning to drive back to their home in Florida after being here since last October.  What a comfort and encouragement they are to me and I realized Thursday night that their comfort and encouragement would be from afar in sunny Florida.  I walked out of the benefit dinner into the beauty of winter white snow and the blustery cold chill went clear to my heart as I ached in the realization of our separation.  I often times tell myself "you're a big girl, you can do this" wanting to be a child again and having mom and dad "make it all better". 
Papa & Granny...missing you!
Ruth Beschta blessed us with another meal today.  It was a "winter picnic" of BBQ Pulled Pork, Potato Salad, Homemade Salsa & Chips and an Ice Cream Cake Roll with Chocolate Sauce!  It was delicious.
Thank you Beschta's!!
Today at church I was reminded again at how good it is to be among the body of Christ.  It is very typical for me to now need a tissue as I worship...this is a new experience in the last 10 months...I never used to worship and need a tissue!  I've mentioned many times the book Anne Marie Weakley recommended to me...1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp...I am continuing to learn how to be thankful in all circumstances.  I am keeping a "thankfulness journal" and I want to share with you some of the thank praises I've had this week:
#583 - Tom said "I think I can walk from the bathroom to the bed" and then with my help he did!  This is a huge improvement...he's initiating & motivating himself!
#584 - Tom said "I can get my right leg into bed"...I watched him then proceed to do it!
#585 - We had our first IV bag change away from home with success!
#586 - Conversation continues to get better and better!
I want to share with everyone a cute song that Crista Anderson sang accompanied by her mom, Jill, at the "Tom Anglea Benefit Dinner" on Thursday evening.
Crista & Jill Anderson
A Few of Tom's Favorite Things
(To the tune "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music)
Fishing and hunting and sunshiny beaches,
Students and parents and God's love that reaches,
People he meets and the hymns that he sings,
These are a few of Tom's favorite things.
Coaching and teaching, Sudoku and Skipbo,
The Georgia Bulldogs and all of God's people,
Card playing, relaxing with family and friends,
These are a few of Tom's favorite things.
Campfires and basketball and Dairy Queen Blizzards,
Serving and helping and studying God's Word,
Greeting his students and the joy that it brings,
These are a few of Tom's favorite things.
Loving Lisa, and his children,
Worthington Christian, too.
He's counting his blessings in spite of his pain,
We pray he's soon well again.

Thank you Crista (WCHS senior) for using your God-given talents to bring us such a blessing...so cute a song and you sang it so beautifully!
Here is the all new on-line meal scheduling link for those of you who desire to bless us with a meal!


http://www.TakeThemAMeal.com
Recipient Last Name: Anglea
Password: 7970

No comments: