Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Anointing

I want to try and make this post quick!  I've stayed out of the hospital for two weeks!  This is a huge praise...May is a new month, new health and new energy!  I have felt the best I've felt in 7 months and I'm so thankful.

Last night several elders and pastors gathered here in our home to anoint me with oil.  I had been approached several times about being anointed and really struggled with it.  Not because I don't agree with it, I've been anointed before, but because I wasn't sure I wanted my earthly life prolonged!  Honestly I had been feeling so bad that I was just ready to meet Jesus and be among the "land of the living" (& Tom!).  After praying, searching and hearing God clearly say "now is the time", we had it scheduled and what a sweet time it was.  Thank you to my church, pastors, elders, family and friends who were here...either in spirit of prayer or physically.
Kelly went with me today to another doctor appointment that I was really dreading.  We met with a thoracic oncology surgeon.  He actually told me he had me on his surgery schedule for tomorrow!  I am thankful to say that the prayers of many have kept the fluid from returning and because of my health progress he didn't feel surgery was necessary at this time.  He ordered another chest CT scan and will evaluate it next to the last one to see where the fluid is at and we'll go from there.  I can say my heart is relieved, my spirit rejoices and I'm just so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to continue to feel better!  I have no more appointments until next Wednesday (5/22) and I feel so free!
Me, Sarah, Zac & Matt
The other highlights of this past week is God allowed me to feel well enough to travel to Indiana to see Zac graduate from Grace Theological Seminary!  What a special accomplishment and I'm so proud of him and thankful I could be there to share in this momentous occasion.  Matt was my superhero companion and treated me like royalty!
Zac's parents: Rich & Elaine
Zac's brother, Matt, Amanda, Addison, Aubree & baby boy due soon!
 
Congratulations to my niece, Cassidy Joy Herbst on her college graduation from The Ohio State University with a degree in dietetics!

Cassidy & Brady
So thankful I could be at her celebration!
 
Congratulations to my other niece, Erin Elise Kline on her graduation from Kent State University with a degree in nursing! (Like mother, like daughter!)
Cheryl, Erin & Mike
 
Thank You...Ashley Severence, Mary Peterman & Susan Knapper!
Thank You...Marti Grant!
 
Continued THANKS to all who continue to bless us with meals:
Nancy Green
Ginny Englehart
Jill Coon
Jeannette Sweatnam
Janice Whitmire
Stephanie LaMonte
 
We are blessed!
 
"God has ascended with a shout,
The Lord, with the sound of a trumpet.
Sing praises to God, sing praises;
Sing praises to our King, sing praises.
For God is the King of all the earth;
Sing praises with a skillful psalm.
God reigns over the nations,
God sits on His holy throne."
Psalms 47:5-8

No comments: