Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, March 28, 2013

There's Power in the Blood

Blood isn't a common topic in social circles.  I've thought about it a lot lately, especially Sunday night at communion and as we anticipate the most sacred of holy-days...Easter.  Last Thursday at my doctor's appointment, feeling rather down and worn, it was revealed that my hemoglobin had dropped to a point where I needed a blood transfusion.  Sarah and I spent the day on Friday at the infusion lab.  As the blood of an unknown donor dripped into my body I had plenty of time to contemplate this situation.
-we can't live without blood
-there are 4 "groups" of blood but many different "types"
-typing and crossing blood takes time
-it takes 2 hours to transfuse 1 unit of blood, I received 2 units
-I have no idea who donated, but boy am I thankful they did
Can I ask you a blunt question?  If you were going to die...would you accept blood from your worst enemy in order to save your life?
As I think of Christ's death and the blood he shed...it was for EVERYONE!  Even His worst of enemies...Jesus shed His blood as the PERFECT sacrifice for our worst of sins!  It is absolutely amazing that the very life giving substance that ran through Jesus' veins is what paid the price of our guilt!  Without His blood there would be no forgiveness of sin.

"If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work,
conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;
knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold
from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers,
but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world,
but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you who through Him are believers in God,
who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God."
I Peter 1:17-21
 
Do you have faith and hope in the ONE Who gave His lifeblood for you?
I pray that this Easter brings you a new and refreshed sense of why Jesus gave His blood for you...to give you life...abundant and eternal life!
Tuesday brought more doctor appointments and I am so thankful that my sister-in-love, Cheryl, was able to take me.  I was able to have my last drain removed!  Woo Hoo...I'm free at last...from drains and the restriction of driving!  I'm giving praise!  My next doctor appointment is on April 11th with the radiologist.  Please join with me in praying for clarity and wisdom as to whether I should pursue radiation treatment.
Giving Thanks:
Thank You Elaine Hess
Thank You Geetha Rivera
Thank You Suzanne Homoelle
Thank You Dave, Alicia, Tucker, Sam, Paisley & Elsie!
Thank You O'Roark Family
The O'Roark Family...You're TOO much!!
Thank You Jennifer Deskins...you make me laugh!
This is Tom's "prized" Swiss Army Knife...
He lost this knife prior to his diagnosis and he was very upset because he had looked everywhere!  When Tom was no longer able to drive we sold his 1992 Bonneville to Jacob Deskins.  While Jacob was on his Senior Trip to the Dominican Republic last week, his mom cleaned his car and found Tom's knife!  Thanks Jen
Thank You Jeannette Swetnam
It really is Spring...just hard to see it with snow on the ground!
Brady (Benjamin), Haydon (Joseph) & Noah (Napthali)
I am so thankful I was feeling well enough to go see my cousin's sons in their high school musical, "Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".
Not only was I amazed at the talent (especially of the 3 pictured above) but for the fact that a public high school was willing to share one of the Bible's most profound lessons about family, tragedy, and the healing power of forgiveness!
After the show we were hosted at my Aunt "J" & Uncle Jim's home for a delicious lasagna dinner.
Thank You...Greenwich, Ohio family!
Thank You both Cathy Smith & Merino Family
Thank You Carylee
Thank You Stephanie LaMonte
Thank You for the awesome meals:
-Suzanne Homoelle - Meatloaf
-Terri Parrish - Mexican Chicken
-Jeannette Swetnam - Creamed Chicken & Biscuits
-Ulrike Brennan - Chicken Paprikash
 
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able
to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort
with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
II Corinthians 1:3-4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you Lisa. I needed to hear everything you wrote today. You are a perfect example of II Corinthians 1:3-4. You have offered me great comfort tonight. You are very close to the heart of God.