Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Monday, March 25, 2013

Florida

Monday, February 18, 2013 couldn't have come soon enough...getting on an airplane to head south for a couple of weeks to visit my parents and share time with two very special friends was so anticipated and now it has come & gone too quickly!
Ginny & I arrive safely in Florida!
"Now on the first day you shall take for yourselves the foliage of beautiful trees,
palm branches and boughs of leafy trees and willows of the brook,
and you shall rejoice before the Lord your God for seven days."
Leviticus 23:40
Some of my mom's welcoming hospitality!
Beautiful weather to bike with Mom & Dad!
When the days are like this...
And evenings like this in February...can I ask, "Why do I live in Ohio?"
Ginny & I enjoying a Florida sunset at the Jetty
Look who we ran into at my parent's Sunday school class' chili dinner...
Ginny, Linda Heiman & I reconnect!
Linda was the WCS elementary school secretary while our children were there.
Enjoying a pizza luncheon with Tom's parents in Brandon, Florida
My first ever motorcycle ride, on a HARLEY!
Thank you, Bob Branham...what a fun drive up Casey Key at night...spectacular!
Enjoying shopping in downtown Venice!
More shopping...more dolphins, turtles and fun for all!
Who's the gal in short, beach blonde hair???
Thank You, Wyatt & Mary Brown for having us over for a delicious spaghetti dinner...
& a rousing game of "Hand & Foot"...
Brown's vs Kline's
(Ginny's maiden name is Brown!)
Saying "good bye" to Ginny & "hello" to Carylee
A pajama/pizza party with my parent's awesome, wild & crazy friends...
(back row: Mary, Jane, Barbie, Rochelle & Marcie)
(front row: Barb (mom), Cindy, Carylee & Me)
The "boys"
(back row: Bob, Bob, Dale, Bob, Lowell (dad) & Wyatt)
(kneeling: Jeff)
I can't tell you what this group of people means to me.  What amazing support they have been to my parents through all the trials of these past two years.  Not only do they worship together, encourage one another, pray together, sing together, play cards together, fellowship together & laugh together, they welcomed me and my friends as family.  After Sunday worship we all went to brunch together.  After brunch the ladies surrounded me in a huddle and prayed over me one by one...God bolstered me through these sweet ladies for the road ahead and have faithfully throughout this journey!  Thank you sweet friends!
Venice Arts Fair with Carylee
Biking fun...even though it was a little chilly!
Always a good day for Nokomis Grove Ice Cream!
More shopping fun...
One of my highlights from this special trip was seeing each of my dear friends in my wig!
Priceless!
Thank you Dad, Mom, Ginny & Carylee for making these two weeks most memorable.  I love you all dearly and treasure each and every minute God allows us to have together.
"Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us,
the treasure which has been entrusted to you."
2 Timothy 1:14

2 comments:

5Weaks said...

You are so beautiful Lisa!!! I love that blonde wig too! (Always knew you wer ea blond at heart...hehe just kidding! :) love u

Anne Marie

Abbie said...

Hi Aunt Lisa,
Looks like you had a wonderful time in Florida! What a gorgeous place!At our church, on Easter, the members are given an opportunity to purchase a lily in memory or honor of someone. Last year, Alan and I bought one in memory of Grandma Christner, Mom's mom. This year, when I asked Alan about purchasing one, right away he said we should buy one in memory of Uncle Tom. The lilies are put on the platform and then the member is able to take them home. I thought about you a lot over the Easter weekend! Love you!