Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Monday, March 18, 2013

Catching Up on February

Valentine's Day was not a day I was looking forward to.  Remember just a short year ago Tom & I had a private, romantic dinner for two in our home?
Valentine's Day 2012
Oh, do I miss him!
Zac and Sarah surprised me, along with my sweet friend, Margaret, by taking us to a local Italian restaurant for dinner and then back to the house for dessert and games!  What a fun night of fellowship and laughter that took my mind off of what "could have been".
Sweet Margaret & Me
Super Special Sarah & Zac
Our Valentine Dessert
Rice Krispie Treats from Margaret!
Thank You for ALL the Valentine Greetings!
Thank You!
Valentine's Day was on Thursday and I had gone in for some pre-op testing and a physical.  While meeting with the doctor there was some concern on my EKG that made her schedule me for an echocardiogram on Friday.  It was late Friday afternoon when the nurse practioner called me and said that I had a blod clot in my port near to my heart!  Because I was leaving for Florida that Monday the only option they could give me was Lovonox shots, twice a day in my belly!  If it meant going to Florida, I would do whatever they said!  I headed down to The OSU Medical Center right away to be instructed on how to administer the shot and to also pick up a 30 day supply.  Because this is considered a "specialty" drug my insurance would not pay for it up front so I needed to pay the $2,400.00 dollars and then insurance would reimburse me!  I walked out of the hospital with a small grocery sack that cost $2,400.00!!  I have become quite good at administering these shots, I did have practice with Tom and I do admit it's easier to stick yourself than someone else...at least that is the case with me!
Lovely Lovonox
"A joyful heart is good medicine."
Proverbs 17:22

No comments: