Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Praise for Parents!


What a burst of encouragement parents can bring!  I'm thankful that God has given me the best parents ever.  They arrived in Columbus via AirTran on Thursday while I was receiving my second chemotherapy treatment.  I'm so glad they didn't have to drive the 20+ hours so soon after my dad's recent knee surgery.  It was a surprise that my niece, Emily, her new baby, Annie and my niece, Cassidy surprised them at the airport to bring them "home".  What fun it was for them to get to meet their second great-grandchild, first great-granddaughter!  I'm sure it was much more encouraging to see Annie Grace than me at the infusion lab.  We all met up for dinner at our home provided by Jennifer Deskins and Cindy Dunn.
Chicken Tetrazzini, Salad, Bread
and
an amazing array of Christmas goodies!
Thank You, Jen & Cindy!

Before my parents arrived I wanted to take the kids out for a special Christmas dinner before I started feeling bad again.  Tuesday evening the four of us headed to Easton Town Center to enjoy a delicious dinner at McCormick & Schmidt's.  While cleaning out Tom's dresser drawers I came across a generous gift card he had received from someone that we were able to take advantage of!  We were all just so sorry Tom wasn't there to enjoy dinner with us.  We had sweet conversation about Tom/dad and even discussed whether he was able to see what we were up to.
Sarah, Zac, Matt & Lisa...Christmas Dinner missing Tom

On the last blog post I fully intended to comment on the Newtown, CT elementary shooting disaster and then forgot.  I guess I can blame "chemo brain" for that.  My sweet sister-in-love, Cheryl had text me that day to say how sweet it would have been to see Tom greet each of those precious children at the gate of heaven and I commented he would have greeted them each by name just like he did the new freshmen at WCHS each fall!  I pray that he was able to greet each of the others too, especially the principal...I know he would have been an encourager to her.  My heart breaks for the hurt each of the families and loved ones are experiencing, however my greatest encouragement to them is the very nail pierced hands that died for us are the very hands that allowed this tragic event and also the very hands that will not only comfort their loved ones but them too.  A friend sent this sweet poem that I also wanted to share with you:
twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
 
I continue to be amazed at the generous outpouring of love from each of you...here are some of the gifts that bless our home:
Emily & Annie Grace coming to bless my day!
Matt getting to meet Miss Annie for the first time!
Sarah getting Annie love!
Zac meeting Annie!
Lynn Corpron delivers SMM baskets/bags for me to take to treatment to encourage
other ladies being treated for breast cancer!
What an amazing basket/bag of goodies the SMM girls from church put together.
What a blessing for me to spread Christmas cheer to hurting women.
Thank You, Lynn & SMM girls!!!
An amazing basket filled with goodies from my sweet friend, Ginny!
Thank You!
A gift of specialty coffee, cocoa buttermilk cake & cookies!
Thank You, Seling Family for such special treats!
A beautiful wreath from a beautiful friend!
and
warm fuzzy jammies and socks too!
Thank You, Diane!
A beautiful book...
Thank You, Bradley Family!
A Tower of Harry & David boxes...
filled with Christmas treats!
Thank You, Scott & Kathy Weakley!
Cheryl's Cookies...
Thank You, Kevin & Leslie Foley!
Another delicious dinner...sweet potato shepherd's pie, salad & bread...
and ginger snap cookies...
Thank You, Stephanie LaMonte!
 
I will give thanks to the Lord according to His righteousness
And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.
Psalm 7:17

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I love your wig!! Seriously, it looks so natural. I continue to miss Tom at school and love the photo of him in the office. Somehow it is comforting (like he is encouraging us to do the best job we can, like he always did). My prayers for you and your family are unceasing. Love and Merry Christmas, Cathy

Sue S. said...

Great picture of you with your mom and dad, they look wonderful!Hoping your 2nd chemo isn't as bad as the 1st so you can enjoy having them home for the holidays! Love all of you!!