Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hair-less Holidays & Happiness

Jill, Jill & Lisa
wrapping party fun!
 
"Make yourself bald and cut off your hair,
Because of the children of your delight;
Extend your baldness like the eagle,
For they will go from you into exile."
Micah 1:16
Yep...I'm pretty much bald.  After losing clumps of hair, my sweet friend, Carylee buzzed (#4 cut) my head last Friday after she so graciously took me to pick up my wig, visit the nurse practitioner and get lunch together.  Carylee has been with me through it all...good, bad and ugly bald!
Friday evening I was invited by Doug & Carylee Meyers to our church's Christmas concert, Living Christmas Trees.  Our church has presented the biblical story of Christmas for 26 years via the Living Christmas Trees...not one concert have Tom & I missed in our 27 years of marriage.  This would be the first year of "taking it all in" without him by my side.  I cried my way through and yet what new joy I experienced as I thought of Tom experiencing Christmas from a heavenly standpoint = happy.  I was able to see, hear and feel this experience as never before...appreciating Christ's birth for so much more than ever before!
Living Christmas Trees 2012
Thank You to all the participants & Meyers!
My "buzz cut" continued to be such a mess of constant hairs falling in places I didn't like, so on Monday morning I shaved my head!  I'm not exactly sure what the above verse means...but I guess I'm ready to fly like an eagle into exile!  Well...not really...however with Thursday's chemotherapy treatment #2 looming, I'm already feeling like exile is coming.  This time the "exile" won't be as bad since my parents will be here on Thursday = happy!  Their arrival mixed with the chemo is the definition of bittersweet.
The above verse speaks of the "children of your delight" and I can honestly say my (our, can't forget Tom) children are a delight = happy.
Zac & Sarah a.k.a. "Eddie & Katherine"
Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
As Zac headed back into the fields for deer #2 last Saturday, it gave Sarah and I the day to enjoy together = happy.  We were so 'happy' to hear Zac accomplished his goal by downing a "button buck"!  Saturday also put a win on the MVNU Cougars schedule as they defeated Grace Christian in Grand Rapids, MI = happy.
MVNU player Matt Anglea going to the rim = happy
The cougars didn't arrive back to campus until 2 a.m. so the "plan" was Matt would meet us at home for Sunday lunch.  Well...Matt knows what would make his mom 'happy' and surprised us all by arriving home in time to go to church with us as a family = happy!  After a Sunday pot roast, real mashed potatoes, carrots, corn, salad and rolls along with a special guest, Nate Short...Matt made an awesome fire in the newly cleaned fireplace = happy.  I've told several people "having Matt home is amazing, the hard part is...he reminds me SO much of Tom".  Matt and I were able to enjoy the day together on Monday, doing last minute Christmas shopping (mine needs to be done before Thursday, thus last minute) and enjoying lunch together.  We ended our day by going to the WCHS boys basketball game where we cheered for my nephew, Zac Herbst and the Warriors = happy.  Terry and Matt stayed for the varsity game while Kelly and I chose to leave and enjoy dinner together = happy.  As she and I planned our Kline Christmas over our dinner, I proceeded to "lose it" and cried myself into a bloody nosed mess!  Thanks Kel for putting up with my "hot mess" of emotions.
Today brought two dear friends, Jill Coon and Jill Petrel, to my (our) home to help me wrap all my Christmas gifts = happy.  Not only did they bring a delicious lunch and sweet fellowship but they brought gifts too!
An amazing lamp where you can change the picture = happy!
Thank You, Jill Petrel
Amazingly warm blanket and knee-hi slipper socks...she knows I'm always cold = happy!
Thank You, Jill Coon
Our family has been so blessed by all the sweet Christmas greetings we have received = happy.  Thank you to everyone who has kept us on your Christmas card list in spite of not receiving one from us last year.  There will not be a card in your mailbox from us again this year, however keep watching the blog for a special greeting coming your way!  Not only have I (we) enjoyed the greetings from the mailbox but many of you continue to be so generous with special gifts.  I continue to open the bag of "25 Gifts til Christmas" from Lori, Lisa, Tracey & Mary = happy.  I've also started receiving "The Twelve Days of Christmas" gifts which I will save and share a blog entry just for those = happy.
An ornament of "hope" from my 5th grade teacher = happy!
Thank You, Mr. & Mrs. Larry Buzzard
A beautiful framed print of Psalm 23 & WOW Hits CD = happy!
Thank You, Jun, Tong & Austin!
Yummy Christmas Treats = happy!
Thank You, Jill Petrel
With all this "happiness" and so much to be thankful for...how can I not have Christmas JOY?
A new friend shared this special poem with me:
First Christmas in Heaven
I’ve had my first Christmas in Heaven, A glorious wonderful day!
I stood with the saints of ages, Who found Christ, the truth, the way.

I sang with the heavenly choir, Just think! I, who longed to sing,
And oh, what celestial music we brought to our Savior the King.

We sang the glad songs of redemption, How Jesus to Bethlehem came,
And how they had called His name Jesus, That all might be saved through that name.

We sang once again with the angels, the song that they sang that blest morn,
When shepherds first heard the glad story that Jesus, the Savior, was born.

O, Darling, I wish you had been here, No Christmas on Earth could compare
With all the rapture and glory we witnessed I heaven so fair.

You know how I always loved Christmas, It seemed such a wonderful day,
With all my loved ones around me, the children so happy that day.

Yes, now I can see why I loved it, An oh, what a joy it will be,
When you and my loved ones are with me, to share in the glories I see.

So, dear ones on Earth, here’s my greeting, Look up till the day dawn appears,
And oh, what a Christmas awaits us, beyond our partings and tears!
By Author Unknown


2 comments:

Abbie said...

You look so cute in your new wig, Aunt Lisa! We are praying that you will have more good days than bad and that this Christmas will be a special one for you! Love you very much!

Abbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.