Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Sis

I should have warned you that May is a busy "celebration" month for our families.  Today I want to honor my sister, Kelly.  My mind is wandering today (Thursday) as it's been a hard day for Tom.  As I continue to "cast my cares on Him" I have been pondering what to write about my super sister.  So here we go...
S is for Stable - if there is ever a better word that describes my sister...this is it!  She is as stable as they get...except for having an "un-stable" sister like me!  As sure as things are stable (or seem so from my angle) for her...my life has proved opposite.  She consistently had stable grades, friends, schooling and character to bring such stability in her life.  Nothing seems to rock her world that is firmly built on the stability of knowing Jesus Christ personally as her Lord and Savior WHO is her ultimate Stabilizer.
I is for Inspiring - I have always been and continue to be inspired by my sister.  Is there anything she can't do?  If there is a will...she'll find a way.  Can't is not in her vocabulary.  She inspires me with her vigor for life...and life more abundantly.  She makes the most of her time and can do it all because she makes time for everyone and everything.  Being the mother of 5, the mother-in-love to 3 and the best nana to 1, I'm inspired by her nurturing spirit.  She is inspired by the Lord of Inspiration.
S is for Servant - I can tell you she will get the job done!  She has stepped up to the plate and produced great results over this past year with us.  Not only has the trial we have been in brought out her servant's heart, but it was there before...the trial has given her a great platform for her to stand out and shine.  It's all the "behind the scene" things that may have gotten overlooked, but not with Kelly on our team.  We are so grateful for her heart that has served, over and above, with never a complaint.  She is a shining example of the greatest Servant of all...the One Who came "not to be served, but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many."

T is for Trustworthy - I can count on my sister.  It is as good as done if she has is involved in any way.  No dragging her feet or finding an excuse, she just follows through.  Proverbs states that one who is trustworthy "brings refreshment", my sister refreshes me.  She has a way to make me look at life with a perspective of hope.  The Bible also says that a trustworthy person speaks what is right, Kelly speaks what is right, God has given her great insight.  Proverbs 21:12 says "the Lord delights in one who is trustworthy", I delight in my sister because she delights the One Who is Trustworthy.



E is for Efficient - I think this could have been her middle name!  Honestly there is no point from A to B that is not filled with making the most of steps taken.  In case you're not familiar with the term:   Achieving maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense.  Another word for efficient is competent.  II Corinthians 3:5 says, "Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God."  Kelly's competence comes from her vibrant relationship with our efficient God.

R is for Reliable - a synonym of trustworthy, what can I say...she's reliable!  You ask...it's done.  You don't ask...it's done!  She's on top of it.  Love her for many things, but the reliability is awesome...it's her character.  God's character placed in her through His Holy Spirit that indwells her...awesome.  In case you couldn't tell...I love her VERY much and too often don't let her know how much.  Thank you Kelly for being the best sister ever and for modeling Jesus in all you do!
Praying your birthday is as special as you are to me!


For those of you who were so kind to pray for our parents...they are all safely to their destinations!

No comments: