Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Monday, September 12, 2011

Round 3 Chemo Over...but now it's Monday

There is much to praise the Lord about...
Friday, late afternoon my parents arrived safely from Florida.  It wasn't long before my dad was mowing and edging the yard!
My mom and I got busy in the kitchen preparing dinner, homemade wholewheat pizza!  We also worked on the last minute details for the bridal shower my sister-in-law and I were hosting for our niece.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Rising
Our Finished Product - One of Three
Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza
They didn't taste as good as I would have wanted.  I didn't care for the organic pizza sauce!  But no one went hungry.  It was so good to have Sarah arrive safely, just in time for pizza.  The five of us played Skip-Bo after dinner and enjoyed fellowship together.
Saturday Mom, Sarah and I went to the Worthington Farmer's Market to get my fall mums.  We met my sister and two niece's (Brittany & Emily) there.  Kelly and I both purchased gluten-free baked goods for Cassidy; one for the Bachelorette Party Saturday night and the other for the Bridal Shower.  What a beautiful morning it was and a fun time experiencing the market together.
In the afternoon we met up with my sister-in-law, Cheryl, to purchase the food for the shower.  We set-up for the shower in the AC and then met everyone back at our house for dinner.  After enjoying dinner and fellowship together we girls went back to the church to cut up and prepare the food for the shower.  It was so fun and we always say that food prep is so much easier with many hands forming an assembly line!
We praised the Lord for Tom's last night of round three of chemo!  He went to bed and rejoiced that he has made the half-way point!  He has just a few remnants of the shingles, but nothing bothersome.
Sunday morning we worshiped with Sarah, my parents, Mike, Cheryl, Lauren, Tim & Braden at Grace.  What a special time of remembering 911 and understanding the evil sin has brought upon the human heart.  Apart from our Savior our flesh will devour us.
The girls headed straight to the AC for the shower while the guys all met at the Herbst's home for a "man cookout".  Terry had turkey burgers for Tom...thanks Terry!  My dad was able to get Tom back home by 2:30 for medicine and his daily nap.
Bride-to-Be
Emily Grace Herbst
What a beautiful shower for a beautiful bride.  We are so thankful for the friends and family who came to "shower" Emily with wonderful items for her new home.
Herbst Sisters
Mom & Aunt "J"
Sisters
We enjoyed a Taco Salad Bar with Fruit Kabobs and cake for dessert.  It was a fun time celebrating with bridal bingo, medical supply memory game (Emily's a nurse), purse points game, how many words you can get from McInerney (their last name) and finally ended with Travis trivia!
Cousins!
The Next Generation
Alli & Avery
I couldn't resist taking these adorable little girls picture!
Kline Cousins
Aunt Lisa ~ Emily ~ Aunt Cheryl
The guys (minus Tom) came to help us clean up after the shower.
Uncle Mike
Braden & Zac
And some things I'm still trying to learn how to praise the Lord for...
Now it's Monday and not the way we had it planned.  Tom woke up early to go to work.  After showering he vomited.  He's back in bed and I have a call into the oncologist.  He is so weak and tired.  We understood that taking the chemo with his blood levels on the borderline he may experience this, however we didn't "plan" on it.  We covet your prayers for a quick "bounce back" of his blood levels.


1 comment:

Barb said...

I will be praying for a quick recovery for Tom's blood levels. I'm sorry you both have to go through this "bump" in the road. Lisa, your pictures are so great...you have such a full and busy life with your family. Congratulations to sweet Emily...what a beauty...inside and out!