Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Inspired...

I think today was the first day in a very long time since I've felt inspired to write down what God has placed on my heart!

I'm healing...

HE is the Healer of the wounded...
"Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me."
Psalm 30:2
HE is the Mender of the broken hearted...
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
Psalm 147:3
HE is the Restorer of the torn relationship...
"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up."
Psalm 71:20
 
As I was driving home from work today I realized how far God has brought me on this journey to know Him better, to trust Him more fully and to obey Him more faithfully.  I thought about the broken shards of my life (heart) and how God has rearranged the pieces to make a piece of artwork only He could design.  It's unique, it's different, it's fragile and it's beautiful...it's my life (artwork) with His fingerprints...

 
"...and provide for those who grieve —
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair."
Isaiah 61:3
You could call it (my life) a "stained glass"...my life stained with His...His blood soaked into my life to bring earthly healing AND an ultimate healing!
 
I'm pulling out my thankfulness journal again...
#2235 - Jacob Thomas Hess...being able to watch him every Monday
#2236 - the privilege of being a grandmother "Mama Lisa"
#2237 - movie night with my family
#2238 - meeting Mike Lange
#2239 - relaxing trip to Florida
#2240 - renewed strength

Mike & Lisa
January 2015
 
Yes, I've met an amazing gentleman...Mike Lange.  We met October 27, 2014 and it has been a whirlwind of three months.  He is more than kind to me...patient, soft-spoken and treats me like a queen.  He has taught me the art of a "dining experience" and not just eating out!  We enjoy many of the same interests:  Jesus, family, tennis, the water, sunshine, card/board games, eating, staying fit & travel...it is so fun to have someone to share the joys of life with.

Jacob Thomas Hess - 4 months old

One of the greatest joys lately is watching Jacob grow.  I have the privilege of keeping him on my day off (Monday) every week.  He is such a good baby and I'm so blessed to have him so close by so that I can be involved in his life. I pray daily that he will "grow in wisdom and favor with God and man".  His grandpa would have adored him and I know Jacob would've loved his "Cha Cha Tom"!

As for me...my health is great.  I'm so thankful for the strength God gives me everyday.  Each day is a gift and I don't take any moment for granted.  Life is precious and I intend to "choose joy" with each breath God continues to bless me with!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LLIsa, I am a member of First baptist Venice. I met your dad and he shared a little of your story. (he cried while he shared) I was widowed at 45---my husband of 21 years was killed in a car accident. I remarried a widower with three children, We put our five together and held on for dear life. We have been married eight years. Just as things began to settle down I learned I had cancer.I am one year cancer free(?) .Praising God with or with out cancer!
I would love to meet you if ever you are in Venice. I have a website www.wordofjoy.org (In the process of being updated!) BLessings!