Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Voluntary Surrender

This year is the year that both Tom and my driver's license expire.  We ventured to the BMV office last week with a hint of apprehension.  Not only is a trip to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles an interesting experience, but we also knew what needed to be done that was sobering.  Tom has not driven since March 10th, 2011.  What a sinking feeling I had when I had to check the box marked "Voluntary Surrender" of Tom's current driver's license.  Another sad moment in our days of releasing freedoms.  You all know, if you know Tom, that he is handling each of these momentous events with ease as I nearly crumble at each turn.  He continues to tell me "it is what it is".  He has taken what God has, written as his story, in such amazing style, but that's Tom's style...amazing!  Take a moment and think of the time when God has asked you to voluntary surrender something...it's not easy.  I remember with great clarity when God asked me to voluntary surrender my life to Him.  It was with much guilt and embarrassment over my sin that I bent my knees, my life and my will to His and I've never regretted that decision!  If you have never "voluntarily surrendered" your life to Jesus Christ...what are you waiting for?  Tom and I beg you to consider what a life-change for eternity this will be for YOU.  Don't wait, you won't regret the incredible love, peace and mercy you will receive...life everlasting!
"Let them take hold of My strength and make complete surrender to My protection,
that they may make peace with Me! Yes, let them make peace with Me!"
Isaiah 27:5
Life continues here at our home even with news that could rock our world.  We take our days just like you...one day at a time!  The weather is amazingly beautiful and that always helps when we can get outside and enjoy life beyond the four walls of our home.  What fun it was to go to our nephew's soccer game on Tuesday evening.  Great job Zac and fun to see a warrior victory!
Tom & Troy cheer on the Warriors!
Meals this week:
Steak, Baked Potatoes, Fresh Garden Tomatoes
AND
Key Lime Pie
Thanks Bright Family for another amazing meal!
Taco Pie, Salad
AND
Cherry Crisp
Thank You Holly Varian again for an awesome meal!
Sarah made chicken shish-ka-bobs for dinner on Wednesday since she invited her Chinese conversation partner and family to dinner.  What a colorful presentation only to find out that the last time we had them over for dinner we prepared the SAME thing!!  Too funny.
Zac has become quite the "grill master" since Tom is unable to!
Zac, Sarah, Kamin, Leeshing (almost 11 months) & Haifeng
What a fun evening we enjoyed together.  They had never had a s'more before so Zac made a fire in the fire pit and they got to experience their first s'mores!


1 comment:

Rochelle said...

My dear Lisa & Tom ~

Thank you so much for this beautiful message of "Voluntary Surrender". I pray that your journey and this blog reaches out to all those who might question the real meaning of life - EVERLASTING. God bless you and your precious family. You are in our prayers.