Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Homelife...

Happy Birthday Aunt Patsy! We are adjusting to home life. I love my husband and he is the BEST patient. He is so kind and easy to care for because he is so sweet. However, I do feel like I have a newborn again! We were up in the night (bathroom) then this morning it was helping him trim his beard, lay out his clothes, shower, dressed, helmet on to descend steps, and then breakfast. My sister-in-law, Cheryl (RN), is staying with us and she is a huge help...reminding me of Tom's meds and keeping an eye on him while I got myself showered and ready for the day. Cheryl had therapy with Tom: UNO, counting money, and reading the newspaper. Tom, Cheryl and I enjoyed lunch prepared by our youth pastor's wife, Carly Nicodemus. Thank you Carly! Good friends, Jim & Terri Parrish, stopped by after lunch for a wonderful visit. Tom enjoyed cathching up on WC school news. Tom is napping now as we all grumble about the snow flying outside...seriously, we are ready for SPRING! It will be so nice when we can get outside for some walks and sunshine therapy. I will call the surgeon's office on Thursday between 2-4 to get the surgery time for Friday. Thank you again for your continued prayer. "Jesus Christ, Your Word tells me to be on my guard, to stand firm in the faith, to be a person of courage and to be strong." I Corinthians 16:13

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Lisa,

Thank you so much for allowing us a "window" into Tom's recovery. It is so encouraging as we pray specifically and see God's hand at work. I know it makes extra work for you; so I wanted to make sure you knew we REALLY appreciate it! We pray daily, sometimes even multiple times a day, as the kids are on top of reminding us about Mr. Anglea. We'll keep it up. :)