Mama Lisa & Jacob

Mama Lisa & Jacob
Mama Lisa & Jacob Thomas

Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary Mike & Cheryl!

We want to honor my brother and his wife, Mike & Cheryl, today on their 24th wedding anniversary!
What a privilege to stand beside them on that day and then to continue to stand by them through these last 24 years.  We not only consider them family, but also friends and cherished Christ followers.  We trust the Lord to continue to bless the years He gives them, and us, together.
Mike and Cheryl have been such encourager's through this journey with Tom.  We are so thankful to have their, love, support and wisdom.  We love you guys SO much.
Tom was able to go into work this morning for a staff meeting.  I am so thankful that he felt up to it and I know it was good for him to be there.  After arriving home we were eating lunch and our dog, Addy, was barking at something outside.  I went out to find her with a chipmunk cornered behind the air conditioning unit "locked up".  Now if you are familiar with our "bird dog" she loves to hunt.  God created her to hunt birds, but we believe she gets confused sometimes, like today.  We're not sure if she was more nervous or the chipmunk!  After we finished lunch Tom went out to watch the scene.  The chipmunk went under an upturned trash can and I'm sure felt secure...until Tom lifted the trash can, out ran the chipmunk right into Addy's mouth!  Gross...she killed it right away...my heart was broken and Tom made ME go get a shovel and dispose of the dead chipmunk.  I'm not a crier, but I seriously had tears in my eyes...it was so cute.  I told Addy "no more kisses for you!".  Every time I see her I call her chipmunk breath.  After the drama we get in the house and I notice Tom's foot is bleeding!  Through treatment I have noticed Tom's skin is paper thin and smooth.  The dog stepped on his foot and apparently her nails penetrated his delicate skin!  Aren't you glad you read this?  The life and times of the Anglea's!

3 comments:

mkline7 said...

Well hello there! Thanks so much for the kind words spoken on our anniversary! You guys are the ultimate model of how to have a successful marriage! So fun to share life together with you....and having Christ at the center of it all is the icing on the cake. Trusting the Lord to continue to bless us and others through your Godly examples. Love you!

epschoon said...

Addy, how could you? All I can think about is my favorite Disney book, Chip and Dale. I loved those little rodents. And Lisa, one question..... The haircut???? And Tom, one question...... The glasses???? I will stop right there.

Barb said...

Oh my goodness...poor little chipmunk! I love the wedding photo...you and Tom look the same minus the glasses and the stache! I actually like the haircut, Lisa!!